WnSoft Forums

Unable to Move Audio Files (SOLVED)

Barry Beckham

Can any technical guys make any suggestions with this issue that was sent to me by a PTE user today.

On working on a new sequence I seem to have a couple of strange problems.

1. In the timeline I am unable to move the audio files with the mouse unless I hold the Shift or Ctrl keys down.

2. I cannot adjust the fade bars over the slides unless I do the same as above.

3. I am unable to lock the audio tracks even if I click Lock This Track or Lock All tracks.

I can of course carry on with my project by doing the above but it is a bit annoying.

I wondered if you have any ideas about this please. I think it is a computer problem and not a EXE one but you will know better than me.

A re-install of PTE has been tried and a check of settings in Windows Control panel

Any suggestions

Barry,

9 hours ago, Barry Beckham said:

1. In the timeline I am unable to move the audio files with the mouse unless I hold the Shift or Ctrl keys down.

2. I cannot adjust the fade bars over the slides unless I do the same as above.

Normally it happens only if "Lock All Tracks" option is checked in the popup menu of the audio clips.

Please ask this user - do these problems occur with a certain project, or with any project?

I recommend to uninstall PTE and re-install it again. If the installation app will suggest import settings from previous versions, please skip this action (it's important). Uninstallation and re-installation will NOT delete user projects, templates or styles.

lock-tracks.jpg