WnSoft Forums

(Solved) Run slideshow with return

Cedric Dawnhawk

If you want to launch another slideshow from say a menu slideshow and both use animation then you have to use "Run slideshow with return". (Correct me if this no longer applies.)

For this to work, all slideshows have to have been created using exactly  the same version (not just major version) of PTE. Why is this very specific (and annoying) requirement necessary?

If you use Run application, then you can run a show made with any version of PTE. It doesn't matter if they have animation or not.

You need to set your Menu slideshow to wait for key press so it will stay on the slide that the 2nd show is launched from.
Then just have an object - Text, image or button that has action on mouse click.

Jill

Thanks for your reply.

I appreciate that for a simple launching show then menu "Run application" works fine. The problem arises if there is animation in both the launching show and the show that is being launched. I don't understand the details but I think it is to do with allowing both shows access to video resources.

Andrew

• 1 month later...

I've looked into this a bit further and realise that it is a Windows XP problem. Just in case anyone finds this post, I thought I ought to clarify the issue.

In Windows Vista and beyond a totally different Windows driver model was introduced and with these operating systems "Run Application" and "Run Slideshow" can both be used. "Run Slideshow" gives a smoother return to the menu but at the cost that both menu and launched show have to be exactly the same version of PTE.

With Windows XP if there is animation in both the launching show and the show that is being launched, "Run Application" doesn't work. (It's OK if there is only animation in the launched show.) In this situation only "Run Slideshow" works.

I've upgraded the Windows XP nachine to Windows 7 so there is now no problem.

Andrew,

Yes, Windows XP uses old screen mode. PicturesToExe works much better with Windows Vista/7/8/10.

Did you try "Run Application and Exit" command? It should help, because only one EXE show will work at any moment of time.

Windows XP is not supported officially by PTE 9. It still works, but we cannot guarantee that everything is tested well.

PTE 10 will NOT work and run on Windows XP at all.