WnSoft Forums

How to duplicate your slideshow on multiple displays

tom95521

Windows key + P keyboard shortcut will let you choose how you want the displays configured (PC screen only, duplicate, extend, second screen only).

If your display is set to extend and you don't want to switch your display mode just for the slideshow another option is to create a text file with the following text (in the same directory as the slideshow) with the extension .cmd. Your slideshow will be running as two separate instances so it will place a higher load on your PC. Not recommended for older PCs or large slideshows. I don't think PTE has a  command line display option to duplicate or mirror the displays but I could be wrong.

contents of slideshow.cmd

start slideshow.exe -display 1
start slideshow.exe -display 2

I found another way that changes the display mode (at least in Windows 10 without loading 2 copies of the slideshow). It seems to have a problem switching back to extend mode so you would have to use the windows + P keyboard shortcut.

start displayswitch.exe /clone
start slideshow.exe
displayswitch.exe /extend

This one works. Place slideshow.vbs (visual basic script) in same directory as the slideshow or use full path.

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell" ) 
WshShell.Run "%windir%\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /clone", 0, TRUE
WScript.Sleep 1000
WshShell.Run "slideshow.exe", 0, TRUE
WshShell.Run "C:\Windows\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /extend", 0, TRUE
Set WshShell = Nothing 

Thanks,
Tom