WnSoft Forums

Confetti

Paiche59

How to put PTE to the test?
With this style, each confetti is an object with its own complex movement (pano, rotation, etc.) and color parameters.
Each explosion has 300 confetti. With two confetti throws, PTE has to manage 600 objects at the same time.

Other free styles like this one are available on Diaporashop.com.

Regards,

Pascal.

2 Multicolor confetti.ptestyle

Thank you all for these messages of thanks.
Thank you Lin for this wonderful sunset slideshow.
@Gogs, in fact I first applied the actions to a single confetti. Then I used an Excel macro to generate the other confetti in a pseudo random way.
The 300 confetti are created in less than 5 minutes.

Best regards,
Pascal.

• 3 years later...

I am currently learning my way around PTE AV Studio, and loving it. As part of investigating different styles I took a hard look at the Confetti style. I wanted to try to understand how and when the confetti is triggered as in my image I needed to fly in some information and then get the confetti to trigger. I really didn’t understand where the timing element was as I played with some usual suspects but no avail. Can anyone help? Please!

On 7/25/2022 at 1:02 AM, technojeff said:

I am currently learning my way around PTE AV Studio, and loving it. As part of investigating different styles I took a hard look at the Confetti style. I wanted to try to understand how and when the confetti is triggered as in my image I needed to fly in some information and then get the confetti to trigger. I really didn’t understand where the timing element was as I played with some usual suspects but no avail. Can anyone help? Please!

I understand that you want to change the moment when the confetti is thrown.
To do this, as described by Barry in his videos (thanks Barry for your work ;-), you need to play with the positioning of the keyframes of each object representing a confetti.

Concretely to modify the confetti triggering:
- Apply the style to an image
- Go to the animation modification window (objects and Animation)
- In the window showing all the objects in the animation, expand the contents of the "Confetti 2" frame object 
- Select all the objects contained in the "Confetti 2" frame (including the frame object)
- Select all the keyframes at the beginning of the animation (these keyframes correspond to the triggering of the confetti throw). To select all the keyframes concerned, first click to the right of the last object's position, then, while holding the Shift key, click to the left of the first keyframe of the first object. All selected key frames change colour (light blue).
- Change the position of all the keyframes by clicking on one of them and moving to the right or left.

The keyframes placed at the end of the animation will probably also have to be moved in order to maintain a consistent fall rate.
The method to use is the same as described above.
Do the same for the "Confetti 1" frame.

Good luck with this.

Pascal.

2022-07-28_12h18_23.jpg

2022-07-28_12h18_46.jpg

2022-07-28_12h19_09.jpg

2022-07-28_12h19_31.jpg

On 11/24/2018 at 1:55 PM, Paiche59 said:

How to put PTE to the test?
With this style, each confetti is an object with its own complex movement (pano, rotation, etc.) and color parameters.
Each explosion has 300 confetti. With two confetti throws, PTE has to manage 600 objects at the same time.

Other free styles like this one are available on Diaporashop.com.

Regards,

Pascal.

2 Multicolor confetti.ptestyle 130.19 kB · 338 downloads

Hello Paiche59.

I've turned your cool "Confetti.ptestyle into a mov video file for use with a mask, with a very similar result.

I hope it does not bother you, I'm practicing with  mask to better understand how it works.

Captura de pantalla.jpg

8 hours ago, morasoft said:

I've turned your cool "Confetti.ptestyle into a mov video file for use with a mask, with a very similar result.

I hope it does not bother you, I'm practicing with  mask to better understand how it works.

No, it doesn't bother me at all. On the contrary, it's a very good idea to have transformed the animation into a video file that is easier to use with a mask..
Thank you very much.