WnSoft Forums

Mp4's over the Internet

Barry Beckham

Barry, if you don't zip them, many web host servers will play them rather than allow download from an FTP perspective. It's best to zip unless you have a very fast host server. I can't say about file sharing services because I only use them to download and never upload to them. But if you have your own website and upload an mp4 to the server and give the user a link, in most cases unless the host has some rule about not allowing "any" play over the web the mp4 will play rather than download...

Best regards,,

Lin

Lin

I didn't think about the Mp4 actually being played in a browser, I was thinking they would be downloaded and played on a computer. I was more concerned about the potential for a virus. They just don't seem as relevant with Mp4 videos as they are/were with executable files. Is that just my perception of am I missing something?

I am thinking more of Mp4's uploaded to MediaFire, Dropbox or some service like that. I don't want to zip each one if it's not necessary, but would rather find out before I actually do it . I kind of like being able to upload a Mp4 as is.

we both send & receive MP4, avi, mov etc using WeTransfer & haven't had any problems either way.

I always scan anything I download before attempting to open or play.

I only zip exe or if I am sending several files at once.

Jill