WnSoft Forums

Little Project For Tonight

Lin Evans

Just a Fun Little Project...

Lin

High Res PC Zipped EXE   http://www.lin-evans.org/pte/easelpaintdemoPC.zip

High Res Mac Exe               http://www.lin-evans.org/pte/easelpaintdemomac.zip

Select Two Images. The first image will be the background and the second image will be painted on the easel. If you want the same image for the background and in the painted image, use the same image twice. Adjust the position and size of the easel assembly with the controlling frame. If there is any part of the white canvas still showing after the painting is done, adjust the size and/or position of the image under the bottom mask...

In Easel Paint 2 - I cleaned up the PNG tripod to eliminate the slight white "ghost" around the legs... Otherwise same.

Easel Paint.ptestyle

Easel Paint 2.ptestyle

Hi Manuel,

Actually the canvas on the easel already has canvas texture. If you increase the size of the easel with the controlling frame you can see it easily. When the easel is smaller, the canvas is also smaller so the texture is more difficult to see.

Best regards,

Lin

Wideange, Manuel,  Danna, 

Thanks - it's a fun project which I think may offer other possibilities. We haven't yet really explored much in the way of video masking so this is a start. 

Because of the difficulty in synchronizing png objects with the video speed and because different computer resources make it difficult to know just what's happening on other systems, there are some problems using speed changes in a style which has a png object trying to track the video movement of the native cursor in the software used to create the video mask. I'm still thinking on this - it's a work in progress. I turned off the normal cursor in Photoshop to only the small + which is about invisible on the easel style. On the earlier two styles I'm tracking the motion of the cursor manually with the "hand png" and it's rather a nightmare. One of our French users changed the speed and immediately noticed that the synchronization between the hand and the cursor were lost. I've tried adjusting the video speed as well as changing the display time and/or moving the keyframes in concert, but I think it's a lost cause. Better for now to not change the speed in the style I think.

Best regards,

Lin

This reminds me of a movie I recently watched, 'Tim's Vermeer' which is about his camera obscura replication of Johannes Vermeer's 'The Music Lesson'.  It's amazing what painters were able to accomplish almost 400 years ago without computers.

I like this camera obscura related example of an inverted image looking thru a bowl of water. It might make a great style some day.

Thanks,
Tom

https://youtu.be/qvwpDIlN25o?t=40