WnSoft Forums

Strange colours [SOLVED]

Tomcatred55

I all, I have recently created two AV sequences that I am quite pleased with and would like to share them on social media. I only saved the sequences as EXE. files which don't work on Facebook.

I did save the projects so I thought I would save them as videos (or other) but for some reason all the images have turned a strange colour (almost like a colour negative). I've tried starting again, as one sequence is fairly simple, but the images are strange colours as soon as I drop them on the timeline.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance

Maybe the images are CMYK instead of RGB? I had something similar happen using Faststone Image save with a color option set incorrectly.  Can you upload one of your images so we can examine?

Tom

3 hours ago, jkb said:

Have you accidentally changed the colour management in PTE?
its under Settings/preferences/Sytem

Do your images look correct in another program? Photoshop, or Windows Photo viewer?

Jill

No I haven't changed settings Jill and, strangely, if I do a "preview" of the sequence it looks perfect. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Get your problem slide show open in Pictures to Exe. Go to File > Create Backup in Zip

Then upload it to the cloud, wet transfer is an option and post a link to that backup here. The guys here will have the cause pinpointed in no time, but they need to see your project as does Igor the creator of this software.

This is not a common issue, which (sticking neck out) suggests its your end

5 hours ago, Barry Beckham said:

Get your problem slide show open in Pictures to Exe. Go to File > Create Backup in Zip

Then upload it to the cloud, wet transfer is an option and post a link to that backup here. The guys here will have the cause pinpointed in no time, but they need to see your project as does Igor the creator of this software.

Thank you Barry. I am a bit of a computer dummy so not sure how to upload to the cloud and isn't "we transfer" just a way of sending files to people direct? Ergo if I haven't got you, or Igor's contact details I can't send it.

Could I not just post the full, corrupted, AV on here direct?

By the way I am quite sure that the problem is at my end, I just need advice as to how to cure it.

Like I said my PC is a bit rubbish RAM wise and not much room left on either of the 2 hard drives I have so that is quite likely to be the problem.

Just now trying to free up a bit of space on one of the hard drives and I will try to remake the AV with smaller image files to see if that help. 

It kind of looks like this version when I save as jpeg with RGB instead of YCbCr. The difference may not be visible in the browser but when I open PTE 9 it is like your video.

Tom

rgb_HU1A3238s.jpg.f3a16b7bd702cb03662fb5a48e55fbb6.jpg.03d467ee88959907f0eecd30a96e511f.jpg

9 hours ago, Barry Beckham said:

Not sure if this will work but try that link.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/11876cd718017c3e4675ebaefaab40ab20181222151823/7c5970c354bb5c05fe344cc4343c2af420181222151823/c9a34d

I converted to HD video (82 MB) it looks normal to me. Maybe check your color management and also try minimize video card usage (if you have an old PC). I created the MP4 video in 2 minutes 45 seconds for comparison.

Tom

pte_color_space.jpg.71c1ade649a6231ac24eb6134fe86af2.jpg

The .exe and the PTE project both look good to me (comparing the house with the water in front).

Not sure of your PC capabilities. If you have Windows 10 you can use Windows Game Recorder (Windows + G) and if you have a newer Nvidia card you can use GeForce Experience (Alt Z or Alt F9). You could also buy software like Bandicam to record the screen. There are many different screen recorders but I recommend ones that can hardware capture (graphics card encoding) MP4 at 60 FPS (like Bandicam).

Tom

(I published video from PTE, not a screen recording).

I've looked at both the exe file and the backup to zip and created an mp4 videos from your show. They are all working OK and show no visible colour issues. It suggests you have a problem on your computer that is causing this.

Have to re-installed PTE first to make sure it's not that simple

Have you tried updating your graphics card drivers

To create an Mp4 video got to Publish Show>HD Video.

16 hours ago, Bizz1963 said:

Hi,

I checked your images and project. Everything is OK.

Does this problem occur with images from another source? For example, photos downloaded from Internet.

What video card installed in your computer? Press Win + R hotkey and type "dxdiag", press Enter key. Click Save or Export button and please send me exported text file.

1 hour ago, Igor Kokarev said:

Hi,

I checked your images and project. Everything is OK.

Does this problem occur with images from another source? For example, photos downloaded from Internet.

What video card installed in your computer? Press Win + R hotkey and type "dxdiag", press Enter key. Click Save or Export button and please send me exported text file.

Don't laugh too much, it is an old PC that I only paid £40 for lol

Thanks,

Probably I found a reason of this problem.

Check your Display settings in Windows 7. Currently it's set to 16 bit color mode. It should be switched to 32 bit color. More details how to do it:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-1865158/change-color-bits-windows.html

I think that 16 bit color mode was set by a mistake, because 32-bit color mode is required by all modern apps to correctly show true colors (many years).

P.S. If a computer works well for its tasks, it's no matter how old it is.

• Igor changed the title to Strange colours [SOLVED]