WnSoft Forums

Jigsaw Slide Style for a 16x9 Slide

wideangle

Merry Christmas everybody.

I'm just playing here!

Apologies - timing could be a bit more accurate and filesizes could maybe be smaller (approx 6MB and 4MB) but hey, it's Christmas!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/n73mo5jh75mmulw/Jigsaw_Xmas_Demo.mp4/file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8i352gv7a4ki0mj/Jigsaw_16x9_11x6.ptestyle/file

Also, this is the first time I've used Mediafire, so hope it works.

Regards

wideangle

Music is a very personal thing but I found this piece absolutely unbearable.

The puzzle pieces did fit in very well with the beats of the music though (no pun intended).

The thing that I thought spoiled the AV was the unnatural way that the puzzle was done. Nobody fits a puzzle piece that doesn't connect with any other piece, you wouldn't know exactly where to put it. Surely most people complete the edge pieces first then work in from one edge where a figure or a boat is. It's a small detail but, I think, an important one.

You say " The perception of the viewer is entirely up to them, no matter the intent of the creator". 
OK I suppose, but this can sometimes cause conflicts if they misinterpret what was done or said, and then go on to voice their views.

You are saying that from my own point of view I didn't take care over it.
Or have you again misinterpreted?

Regards

wideangle

Tomcatred55,

In my opinion there is nothing at all wrong with either the puzzle or the way it was constructed. Your assumption about the way puzzles are constructed is simply your own personal opinion and has nothing at all to do with reality other than your own.

Different people approach things such as puzzles in totally different ways. At Wideangle said, this was a lighthearted Christmas greeting, not a subject for analysis. There is no right or wrong way to construct a jigsaw puzzle. Good Lord, there are plenty of serious thing about AV to discuss without dissecting something like this. My advice to you would be to learn a bit more about how PIcturesToExe works and how things such as masks work then apply that knowledge to serious AV projects.

Best regards and Happy New Year,

Lin

1 hour ago, Lin Evans said:

Tomcatred55,

In my opinion there is nothing at all wrong with either the puzzle or the way it was constructed. Your assumption about the way puzzles are constructed is simply your own personal opinion and has nothing at all to do with reality other than your own.

Different people approach things such as puzzles in totally different ways. At Wideangle said, this was a lighthearted Christmas greeting, not a subject for analysis. There is no right or wrong way to construct a jigsaw puzzle. Good Lord, there are plenty of serious thing about AV to discuss without dissecting something like this. My advice to you would be to learn a bit more about how PIcturesToExe works and how things such as masks work then apply that knowledge to serious AV projects.

Best regards and Happy New Year,

Lin

I accept that different people will approach a jigsaw puzzle in different ways but nobody could possibly place a piece in the perfect place unless they connect it to an existing piece.

I know I am making too big a deal of this but it just jarrs with me.

2 hours ago, wideangle said:

You say " The perception of the viewer is entirely up to them, no matter the intent of the creator". 
OK I suppose, but this can sometimes cause conflicts if they misinterpret what was done or said, and then go on to voice their views.

You are saying that from my own point of view I didn't take care over it.
Or have you again misinterpreted?

Regards

wideangle

Your previous answer indicated that this was just a bit of fun and that you didn't take much care over it. I'm sorry if that is not the case.

If I was making a jigsaw puzzle show I would think hard about where the pieces were placed.

".........nobody could possibly place a piece in the perfect place unless they connect it to an existing piece"

You are still missing the point in that, as you saw, it was a way of presenting a simple Christmas greeting at the time, and NOT demonstrating the art of jigsawing, but so be it.

As a follow up to Christmas greetings, some people make New Year's Resolutions.

One on offer might be:  "Chill out, enjoy life and don't take things too seriously".

Regards

wideangle