WnSoft Forums

Interactive show

scots_quine

I prefer to think of it as nothing to do with dense. It’s just something I haven’t learned yet. It’s actually quite rare for an interactive show to be posted and although there must be some, nothing comes easily to mind. Perhaps others have a better memory than me and can point some examples out.

It is more of a tool for people who make manual shows for educational purposes perhaps?

A show which contains a menu linked to other media is interactive, is it not?

In a manual show it can be used to skip forward or backward if required or return to a menu.

There are a couple of guys here who make such shows, but I don't think that they are for anything other than educational putposes.

DG

I make .exe shows, project them, and sometimes press the spacebar to stop the show for comments, occasionally use the arrow keys to move forward and backwards to a particular image.   Is this an interactive occasion?   I also use a menu list for a particular show and each sequence returns at the end to the menu, but I don't know whether this is called interactive?

John.

1 hour ago, Johnwnjr said:

I make .exe shows, project them, and sometimes press the spacebar to stop the show for comments,

I would say not interactive as the show will run on its own.

I consider interactive to be a show where the viewer has to make choices as to what happens next by selecting a button, text, image etc to click on. I have never actually seen a show like this.

Using a Menu is a convenient and slick way of presenting several shows at an event. Yes the Menu itself is interactive, but is not something you would normally post online.

Step through shows where the presenter talks about an image live to the audience and then presses the arrow key to move on to the next although not automatic, but could easily become so for posting online. I do not consider these to be interactive.

Jill

• 3 weeks later...

There are a number of interactive capabilities with PTE and these capabilities are frequently used by educators doing lectures and presentations. One can use any object (text, image, frame, rectangle, etc.) as the target which can be mouse clicked on and that click can result in any of the following actions:

1.     Run Slideshow
2.     Run Slideshow With Return
3.     Run Application or Open File
4.     Run Application and Exit
5.     Print Picture or Slide
6.     Elicit Help
7.     Open Web Page
8.     Write Email
9.     Go To Next or Previous Slide
10.  Go To First Slide
11.  Go To A Named Slide
12.  Exit
13.  Show Window
14.  Close Window

The above plethora of choices allow users to create complex presentations with lots of options. Name one slide "Menu" and from that allow the user to go to any slide in the show by simply clicking on its name. Bring up a page of help for specific issues. Years ago we had users who created shows which allowed the user to select any of hundreds of songs from a "jukebox" so that one could spend hours listening to their favorite music. PTE has had interactive capabilities for many, many years. Obviously these features are not used by everyone, but they are very important to those of us who use this product for educational purposes. Of course these features can't be used with video constructs.  Video is by nature a "canned" presentation. Only in the past couple years have some developers created "hotspots" for some video to allow users to click on a position and visit another website. Even this requires special server software and isn't something easily done without specialized software. 

Interactivity means the user is communicating via the executable program with the computer and has the option to ask the computer to perform tasks it's suited for.

Best regards,

Lin