WnSoft Forums

The changing face of Cumbria

Tomcatred55

Hi Brian, I can only imagine the amount of work in Photoshop but it was well worth it. Some beautiful 3rd images created.

I think that maybe facebook has lost some of the quality as some of the dissolves weren't quite as smooth as I am sure they are in an exe.

On the slides where you are doing a wipes have a look at the thickness of smoothing line. Try increasing the value from the default 30 to a much higher number.
This way you get a smoother edge to the wipe & it is much less noticable. If the viewer notices something then it is a distraction.

Also there were a couple of points where there was a cresendo in the music but nothing happened on screen.
Have a look at the waveform in the timeline & adjust the transitions to coincide with the peaks in the music.
You may need to tweak it a few times to get it just right as it depends on the content of the images as to when it actually appears on screen.

Have you thought of entereing this in the Bridgend 5to8? It is a good Photoharmony sequence.

See www.avnews.org.uk on the calendar page for details of this & other events/competitions

Jill

14 hours ago, jkb said:

... Have a look at the waveform in the timeline & adjust the transitions to coincide with the peaks in the music ...

This is quite a dangerous remark. I would recommend to study the metrical structure of the music. For me, the typical points to change the images are the beats 1 in the measures. In popular music we often hear a backbeat (syncopated accentuation on the "off" beats 2 and 4, often played with a snare drum). This will give you a lot of peaks in the waveform, which I would consider to be wrong. Nevertheless many AV people make use of them :(

A remark on the end of the Cumbria sequence: It sounds a bit stalled. It is always difficult to fade out the music somewhere in the middle. It might be better to fade into the music (somewhere in the middle) and let it come to its natural end. You then better develop your sequence from end to start :)

I also thought it faded out rather than ended naturally, forgot to mention that last night.

If you haven't already submitted it to MidPhot, then see if you can find another version with the last notes on it.
Martin is sure to spot the Fade!

JT49 you mention beats, backbeats etc. That is fine if you understand music - I don't, I do not understand all the different terminology - I just know if something works or not.

I can listen to a piece of music & normally I will know in the first few seconds if it is right or not. I can know if two pieces will blend together & I can cut & join a piece to shorten or lengthen it.
But knowing what are beats, bars etc I haven't got a clue!

I have to 'see' the waveform to know where to put the transitions, I cannot do that by ear.

Jill

On 1/2/2019 at 9:50 PM, jkb said:

If you haven't already submitted it to MidPhot, then see if you can find another version with the last notes on it.

Martin is sure to spot the Fade!

Jill

Too late Jill but I'm not too concerned about that tiny detail, Martin will be so blown away by the show by then he won't notice lol

I take it you also know Martin Fry then, now he can make an AV. We have had him so many times at our Camera Club that he hasn't got any more to show us.