WnSoft Forums

Photoshop CS6

Tomcatred55

CS6 was great.  About all that is added since then is an expensive subscription plan that everyone in the world except one person hates and a few whiz-bang bells and whistles that don't actually get a lot of use by most photographers. On the other hand, I subscribe and actually find some of the whiz-bang useful.However that might be, try what DaveGee is suggesting.  You also might try this: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html 

To open in Bridge, try Alt+Ctrl+O   (Bridge may need to be running)

Is it greyed out like some of the options in my screen grab above?

I honestly can’t remember the steps involved from when I installed CS6 but maybe there was the option at the time to include or exclude Bridge.

Regards

wideangle

Hi JudyKay

It seems that companies like Adobe have got you just where they want you with the subscription schemes. It doesn’t seem too long ago at a big UK Photography Show that Adobe were offering the CC subscription for less than £7 per month.

(I still keep using my CS6 but have since bought Affinity Photo for a one-off nominal sensible price and get all the latest features for free to boot!)

Adobe are such wicked Capitalists.

How dare they offer the consumer a product that they can freely take or leave at the price specified. What do they think they are doing offering the consumer a chance to enter into a mutually beneficial transaction like this?  Don't they realise that they have a social duty to provide their software on disk and make sure they back date any upgrade for ever and ever into the past. 

Not only have they offered us a free choice like this. The gaul of Adobe to allow us to install it on as many mac or PC's as we want and use on on any two at the same time. Appalling customer service if you ask me, especially when they added Lightroom into the deal as well,  completely free of charge.  I feel I have been taken advantage of and I will bitch about Creative Cloud  forever. 

Hang on, why do I keep going on about a product I don't think is good value? Why don't I just take my money and go elsewhere and live with my decision. Maybe, just maybe. Deep down I recognize I'm not being entirely rational here and maybe I feel the need to justify my decision. 

Just an alternative view !!!. Adobe must be delighted, they actually do have one satisfied customer in the world. I should get a medal or something. The rest of their customers were all forced to purchase the best software on the planet against their will.

:D

9 hours ago, wideangle said:

Is it greyed out like some of the options in my screen grab above?

I honestly can’t remember the steps involved from when I installed CS6 but maybe there was the option at the time to include or exclude Bridge.

Regards

wideangle

No it isn't greyed out but nothing happens when I click on it.

Not too bothered about Bridge though to be honest.

Hi Barry

I can see where you are coming from because you are so far into the Photoshop CC family, and it would be too much of a problem to use anything else. That is true also for the millions of businesses that use it. It’s called being caught by the short and curlies and is synonymous with Microsoft and Windows. 

However, for a hobbyist user it is much easier to change and I would love to see some figures of how many such users did not upgrade their CS6 into CC. 

I suspect that the majority of hobbyists just do not use a good proportion of the features available in CC, and are happy with what was already on offer in CS6.

For these users there are also other options which are also just as good for their needs, and far cheaper. 

Regards

wideangle

Great idea. Download CS-6 and do a fresh install. Although Bridge is a part of Photoshop CS-6, its not listed separately.  So Tom should have the disk that contains Bridge

Here is where you will find it

Perhaps Tom can let us know how he gets on 

10 hours ago, Barry Beckham said:

Great idea. Download CS-6 and do a fresh install. Although Bridge is a part of Photoshop CS-6, its not listed separately.  So Tom should have the disk that contains Bridge

Here is where you will find it

Perhaps Tom can let us know how he gets on 

Slightly confused Barry.

davegee suggested that Bridge would be listed separately to CS6 and you say it isn't.

Also do you mean "download" or re-install from a disk?

43 minutes ago, Tomcatred55 said:

Slightly confused Barry.

davegee suggested that Bridge would be listed separately to CS6 and you say it isn't.

I don't know about CS6, but in the current Photoshop CC it is a sub-folder in the Adobe Folder. It can also be left uninstalled if not required.

If Barry says it cannot be downloaded separately for CS6 then I would go with Barry.

DG

Once installed I think Bridge will show up separately on the computer. In CC it shows and downloads separately, but via download it doesn’t. The point is, if Tom has the disk, he has Bridge and if has, then this saga could be over in 10 minutes. A reasonable conclusion to draw is that he doesn’t have a disk.