WnSoft Forums

Longer List of Recent Projects

Currently, with the menu "File" then "Open Recent Project", the last ten (10) project files are shown.

With a few projects under development and several versions of each, that is not quite enough for me.

With MS/Excel or MS/Word, for instance, the basic list is about 16 items long and that can easily be expanded to "show more", in my case 30 or so (it is actually an "Advanced Option" where the user can specify the length of the list of files, with a current maximum allowed of 50 in MS/Excel).

Is there a similar option in PTE to extend the list of past (recent) projects?  If not, that would be a welcome addition for me.

Yes, technically it's possible to adjust.

Browse the folder:

C:\Users\YourProfileName\AppData\Local\PicturesToExe\Versions\9.0\

YourProfileName is a name of your profile in Windows.

in this folder open apr.ini file in Notepad app, find RecentLst_Limit and set a new value. For example, 16.

By default it's set to 10: 

RecentLst_Limit=10

Many thanks, Igor.

I am glad that I asked!

I did three extra "save" operations of different project variants and then PTE remembered them all (as you knew).

The file C:\Users\Utilisateur\AppData\Local\PicturesToExe\Versions\9.0 was updated as follows:

[RecentProjects]
RecentLst_Limit=25   ; by me, as advised
RecentLst_Count=13  ; by PTE after usage

Maybe this facility could be provided as part of an easy to access preference / set-up menu in the future...

In any case, I'm happy with this first gift from you for 2019, the next one being PTE-10 beta!

Igor... I also like the ability to increase the number Recent Projects by modifying the apr.ini file.

But, please, please, please give use the ability to 'Open Recent Project' and have the correct associated Files be that of the project that is just opened. I just opened an old project for 'Croatia' and the Files that were listed were for another project of  'Turkey'. This is so annoying to have to browse around to repopulate the Files for the opened project.

Thanks... Gary

On 1/6/2019 at 11:04 PM, goddi said:

Igor... I also like the ability to increase the number Recent Projects by modifying the apr.ini file.

But, please, please, please give use the ability to 'Open Recent Project' and have the correct associated Files be that of the project that is just opened. I just opened an old project for 'Croatia' and the Files that were listed were for another project of  'Turkey'. This is so annoying to have to browse around to repopulate the Files for the opened project.

Thanks... Gary

Gary, I remember.