WnSoft Forums

The Fox - recovery ( on SSC)

goddi

1 hour ago, denisb said:

Problem with the facebook's link !

Hmmm.... What exactly is going on? I tested the link with someone who does not even have a Facebook account and it worked. Please let me know what error message or whatever your got that is causing a problem. It should just play right  on the SSC page. Nothing to download. I use Facebook because I seem to have more control over my postings.

Gary

2 hours ago, wideangle said:

I'm not a Facebook member and when I tried the link quoted by Igor above, the only choice I was offered was to download the file.

Regards

wideangle

Greetings Wideangle... The show has been posted as an MP4 that should be playable right on the SCC page. No downloading needed. The link was pasted on the SCC page so it should just show up and you press the Play icon. So I don't understand what is going on. I had someone that I know who does not have a Facebook account and it played correctly. As far as quality and reliability, I have had no problems and the quality of the MP4s are no different than if I played the MP4 with Windows Media Player...so I don't see any quality difference. I have posted about 60 PTE shows on my Facebook page with no problems.

So maybe someone who has Facebook and can post similar PTE MP4 shows can clear this up. I thought this would be an easy solution for posting shows that exceed the upload limitation. Maybe not...

Gary

PS This is what I see when I go to the SCC. Don't 'Download this file', just hit the Play icon.

image.thumb.png.f685f9e2555922d7331b3333862db16e.png

5 hours ago, Igor Kokarev said:

It seems that embedded Facebook video doesn't work correctly in all browsers. It's a problem of these browsers or Facebook.

Gary,

I see a simple solution. Upload your AV show to Vimeo and embedd it to Slideshowclub.

Igor...  Ok, I uploaded it to Vimeo and put the link in SSC. Hope this works too. Interesting that there seems to be a problem with Facebook links for some browsers. Do you know which specific browsers are having problems with Facebook links?

The nice feature of Facebook is that you can easily get a count of the number of views. I don't think we'd get them using the free Vimeo version?

Thanks... Gary

https://vimeo.com/user93064829/review/313037708/15131f6dc4

3 hours ago, wideangle said:

Gary

Just got a “Sorry, we could not find that page” when I tried your link above.

Regards

wideangle

I went back  to Viemo and copied the same link but it gave  me a shorter one. I have no idea what  is  going  on but  maybe this like  will work (?):

https://vimeo.com/313037708

I changed the Vimeo link I had in the SSC, too.

Hard to figure out what  works and doesn't work when it works for me...but not you or others.

Gary

Thanks all for checking this out. It is good to see we have other ways of posting our PTE shows other than in exe format, especially for larger sized shows. Just strange that the Facebook link does not work for some browsers. If the Facebook link did not work in your browser, I'd like to know which one you were using. I use Firefox.

Gary

Greetings denisb,

I took a look at my settings in Firefox. I am not sure if you are saying if I should or should not have 'Traqueurs' checked.

Mine in not checked. Are you saying that if someone has 'Traqueurs' checked, as you do, they will not be able to view a Facebook link?

Gary

image.thumb.png.131c22cc6221aa194cb3dc56c2600e49.png

1 minute ago, denisb said:

If Trackers is checked, I can't see the video

If Trackers is unchecked, I see the video

Ha... Ok.... Interesting. So it depends on how the Firefox user has set that 'Trackers' function. At least that seems to clear up why some Firefox users can see it, and some don't.

Thanks... Gary