WnSoft Forums

merging two separate projects

John M

Hello. I have two separate slide show projects in PTE (version 9.0.02) prepared but i now need to merge them so I can produce a through flowing single presentation as a PC exe.

However when I copy the second sequence and paste it into the first one so it will follow on with a  mouse click, I loose the project options set up for the second sequence (which is different to the first one in term of default transitions and aspect ratio). Is there any way to preserve the different slide and project options for the two sequences, but merge them into one?

Thank you

John M

Create TWO exe files but add an interactive button on the last slide of exe number one which will seamlessly call up the exe number 2.

Create exe number 2 first and save to a new folder. Add the interactive button to last slide of project one and point it toward exe 2. Save exe number one in the same new folder. If at any time you want to move anything move the whole folder.

DG

P.S. Please update to the latest version at the earliest opportunity.

Great. First time I have used the forum.Thank you DaveGee for fast reply! I had noticed the button function but not known what it was. I am giving my talk tomorrow night and will try to work out how to do what you recommend before then. IS there a link you can recommend to explain a bit more about it? Thank you again.

It has encouraged me to plan to post another issue I am struggling with - jittery video clips and pans on my exe for PC shows, which have started happening since the end of last year even though I have never had that problem before and have used PTe for years.

BTW - my version is 9.0.21. Is there a  newer one? ?10

John M

Ok Have studied that. Thanks very much for link . One last question DaveGee. I have the button linked to the second exe project as 'run application and open file' and on the computer mouse click it switches over to project 2 - great ! but is it possible to make it switch over on pressing the advance key or my remote controller, rather than going back to the mouse?

john