WnSoft Forums

Jittery video clips and pans on published exe for PC applications

John M

I should be most grateful for advice. I have used Pte for several years for regular amateur talks to societies and camera clubs. I am very pleased with it. I usually include short video clips (converted) , some still image pans and often a through running AV sequence to end.
Over the last month or so I am preparing  new talks on my desktop PC (high end Chillblast photo editing computer) as usual.
It seems to be fine when I preview the project on the desktop but when I publish it exe for PC and then transfer on a stick to my laptop (2 year old Lenovo Yoga 900; i7 Intel Core; Intel HD 520 card with ‘latest driver ‘) to hook up to my projector and take to the venue, the videos and the pans and rapidly changing stills are unusable all being jerky and juddery – both on the high definition laptop screen and also the 1920x1200 Panasonic projector.
Published Pte talks from previous months and years on this laptop and projector ( exe presentations made prior to end 2018) still show fine without any problem with video clips.

I size my images for 1600 or 1400 width. If I need a zoom in I occasionally use 2500px for that one image. There is usually music but only for part of presentation where I have a rolling AV sequence of still images and occasional video clips with dissolves and music. The total size of the exe for PC file is usually less than 1MB
I have down loaded the update for my 9Pte to 9.0.21, tried not converting my video sequences, upgrading both graphics cards, all without success. I note my computers have both updated windows 10 to 1803 in November 2018 (I see some prior posts about problems with that update). I am being asked to accept the next Windows update to 1809 at this time on my computer auto update programme, but have delayed the download.
Any useful advice welcome as I am really stuck if I can’t use Pte to prepare these talks in the next week or so!
Sorry if this is a rather long post. I raised it on WINSOFT SUPPORT query but without advice so far

Thanks
John M

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, nelson said:

I am curious if you resolved your issue. The only way I can resolve mine at present is revert to windows 1709.

Hi,

Read this announcement: 
https://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/topic/21388-for-owners-of-laptops-with-nvidia-graphics-on-windows-10/

PTE 10 Beta fixes this problem with Windows 10 v1803, 1809, or 1903.