WnSoft Forums

MP4 juddering

RobC

Hi all, hoping you can help me here.

I produce talks with integrated video and AV sequences. I'm finding that the AVs judder during playback both on my PC and laptop. Once I've created an AV (with sound) within PTE I then convert it to MP4 so that I can place it within the slideshow. With this MP4 I then Convert Video Clip (tried max and normal quality) and place it within the show. My PC's graphics card is a GEForce GTX 1060 6GB which I'm certain is more than up to the job.  

Many thanks in advance.

Hmm, strange. It should work for AVI 1920 x 1080, 30p.

I recommend to consider creating of a MP4 video as a final movie for your project. If a project contains many high quality video clips, we recommend to create a MP4 video instead of EXE format.

P.S. Future version 10.0 will work faster and better for video clips in EXE shows.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rob, I have had the identical problem since late 2018, which seemed to coincide with W10 1802 and now 1809 update. Igor was very helpful in trying to sort it, pending PTE10 release, but the problem has remained with my latest published project . Like you I use converted video clips and I also show single images, moved on by mouse click, which I describe to the audience (often photographic societies) during my presentation, so I need the flexibility of the exe format so I can not publish it as MP4.

Igor said it was an issue with NVIDIA graphics card and W10 updates, so like you I am rather stuck pending PTE10, as I use PTE frequently for lectures - unless any new suggestions are made

John

Hi John, your needs are identical to mine. I have seen presentations by numerous international photographers who do not encounter these issues. I shall be contacting one of them who happens to be a colleague to see which software they use as I am not sure I can wait (nor have the patience) until 10 is released. 

John,

Rob wrote in his first message that his video card is Geforce GTX 1060 6GB. I suppose that it's a desktop PC or powerful laptop with single NVIDIA graphics (no Intel dual graphics).

So I'm sure that for this task future PTE 10 will work very good. Because PTE 10 handle video clips much better and faster.

21 hours ago, RobC said:

Hi John, your needs are identical to mine. I have seen presentations by numerous international photographers who do not encounter these issues. I shall be contacting one of them who happens to be a colleague to see which software they use as I am not sure I can wait (nor have the patience) until 10 is released. 

Proshow will not give you better result. 

While we're working on PTE 10, please consider output to a HD MP4 video for your project. It will provide smooth playback for your movie. The only limitation - a lack of interactivity which available only in an EXE format.

• 7 months later...

Referring to this topic of juddering of MP4s within slideshows, I understand, Igor, you said that PTE10 should resolve the issue? Having just opened my PTE Deluxe 9.0.22 I notice a pop-up stating that the new version of PTE is available but find when I click on it to update I have to pay for the privilege? 

What a pity, it still judders. Having spoken to one colleague in particular who does slide shows around the country for a professional body he says that the only software that doesn't cause juddering is Keynote and so I think what I will have to do is produce my AVs within PTE produce an MP4 from them and then drop it into and design within Mac's Keynote.    

I can only speak for myself but juddering of mp4's is a thing of the past with version 10.

Could it be your system and not the software which is the problem? Could it be the settings that you are using to create your mp4 files?

Could it be the player that you are using?

More details?

DG

P.s. We have the same graphics card. Could you post a link to a short sequence which displays the juddering on your desktop pc?

5 hours ago, RobC said:

What a pity, it still judders. Having spoken to one colleague in particular who does slide shows around the country for a professional body he says that the only software that doesn't cause juddering is Keynote and so I think what I will have to do is produce my AVs within PTE produce an MP4 from them and then drop it into and design within Mac's Keynote.    

Greetings Rob, I have made dozens of shows with still images and video clips and never have had the judder problem you have mentioned. I have the NVidia 1070 now, but lesser card in the past, and never had such a problem. As Dave has suggested, post a sample of your problem so we can figure it out.

Gary

Thank you, all, very much indeed for your input. Just to be clear, the only juddering I get is from MP4 slideshows that I make within PTE and not videos from another source such as a DSLR, for example. It's very occasional in a sequence.