WnSoft Forums

File list, used file name in bold characters

In the file list, when an image file is used by the project, the name is in bold characters, only when the image is inserted in the file list on the Main window, but not when the image is inserted by add object in Main O&A Window.

This would be helpful, when your project is finished, you can easily remove the unused images (filename in not-bold characters). Is this possible?

Thanks

Pierre

You can do this automatically by creating a Template when your project is finished.

All USED objects are saved to a folder specified by you in Manage Templates. The completed project can then be instantly opened at any time (without the unused objects) from the File/ Templates Menu.

DG

An alternative way to go: Create a "Backup in Zip". Unzip the backup to a new folder. In most cases this folder contains what you want to see. There may arise problems in cases where the images come from different folders, and if these folders contain objects with identical names.

11 hours ago, ppenen said:

In the file list, when an image file is used by the project, the name is in bold characters, only when the image is inserted in the file list on the Main window, but not when the image is inserted by add object in Main O&A Window.

This would be helpful, when your project is finished, you can easily remove the unused images (filename in not-bold characters). Is this possible?

Thanks

Pierre

Pierre,

I agree and I have asked for this in the past. I'd also like to know which files have been used in the show, whether Main or not. I'd like to delete some of the unused files but not necessarily all unused files. Having to create a Template or do a Backup In Zip does not really address the problem. If every image/file had some indication that it has been used in the show, it would be most helpful.

Gary

Me too, like Pierre, would like to know during the process of creating a slideshow, whether a certain file (photo or video) has already been used or not ; This is to avoid unwanted repeats.

The bold apppearance of file names is a good visual aid, but is limited to files directly inserted via the Timeline, and does not apply to embedded objects via "Objects and Animation".

• 2 years later...

I too would like to see an indicator to tell me when an image in the File List is being used in O&A. I frequently use 6 or more images in O&A.

Having a separate indicator in addition to the Bold font for used images would be a real benefit.

Peter