WnSoft Forums

Problem with DVD video

Carolyn

Hi all,  I have a very frustrating problem.  I have spent 100 hours creating a slide show of our trip to Iceland.  It is a collection of 5 individual slide shows that I wish to publish on a disc that can be show on televisions.  I have developed this in Pictures to EXE 7.5.  I have done a number of them in the past but this time it simply will not work.  I have taken each of the three shows and turned them into "Executable file for PC".  Then I am at the next screen and all 5 shows appear in the bar at the bottom.  I click the next button and I have to select one of the templates to begin the show.  None of the templates show 5 possibilities.  I have tried all of them and when I click on the arrows to move to the second or fifth slide show NOTHING Happens.  It will not move forward.  If I try to simply move ahead It ends up asking me to fill out a form.  I have no idea what to put in the boxes but I have tried everything and every combination of usage.  Then when I click start it says "CD burning not supported".  I really don't know where to go from here.  I don't want to do anything that threatens the five shows that I have finished.  I wonder if my 7.5 version of the program has deteriorated.  I would purchase a newer version but don't know if it will be able to handle shows that were developed in the older version.   I hope that someone can point me in the right direction soon.  I have promised the other people from the trip that I will have discs available for them.  Please help.  Thanks.  Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,

I apologize for this problem.

Please tell me - do you need to burn a DVD video disc in VideoBuilder, or you need to put EXE shows on your DVD disc?

14 hours ago, Carolyn said:

Then I am at the next screen and all 5 shows appear in the bar at the bottom.  I click the next button and I have to select one of the templates to begin the show.  None of the templates show 5 possibilities.  I have tried all of them and when I click on the arrows to move to the second or fifth slide show NOTHING Happens. 

Tell me in more details and attach a screenshot. I'm not sure that I rightly understood this problem.

"CD burning not supported"

Try to insert a new blank DVD media before you run PicturesToExe or VideoBuilder.

I tried a new disc and ran into the exact same problem.  I am in Video Builder.  I am sorry that I don't know how to send you a screenshot.  I wonder if I should by 8delux program and would I be able to us the slide shows that I created om 7.5 with the 8 version.  How should I do that in case that is what you recommend.  I have never had this problem before so I wonder if something in 7.5 became corrupted

Carolyn,

When you work in VideoBuilder to burn a DVD video disc you need to add .pte project files to the main window of VideoBuilder.

All project files should be saved (or updated) in same version of PicturesToExe (7.5 for example) before you add them to VideoBuilder.

When you added one or several projects you press "Next" button and choose a Template for a DVD menu. All templates allows to choose a number of items (a grid of projects) for one screen - 1 x 1, 2 x 1, or 4 x 2, etc. For 5 projects you can choose "Items: "3:2".

P.S. To make a screenshot press PrintScr key (on the top of your keyboard) and then insert image from a Clipboard in your graphics editor. Or press Win + PrintScr hotkey - it will save a screenshot as a file in "Pictures" folder > "Screenshots" folder

Thanks for your response.  Now I have a huge problem.   If I open the publish tab on any of my slide shows the whole computer freezes up.  Every file that is open is locked and can not be closed.  I have waited as long as over night to no avail.  I think the Pictures to Exe 7.5 has been corrupted somehow which explains why things that worked in the past have not been working this time and the situation continued to deteriorate to this point.  Can you send me a replacement 7.5 software program.  Should I then delete the old program?  Will this harm any of the 50 slideshows that I have already successfully created?  I see no other possible solution.  Thanks for your help.  Carolyn

Thanks for sending the new copy of 7.5.  I uninstalled the existing copy and installed the new one.  Here's the problem now.  As you know I have 5 slide shows that I want to put on a disc.  A lone time ago I was able to get them all on the bar in the video builder and they took up about 60% of the space available.  Now the five shows are visible on the video builder but they all seem to be blank and with I add them to the bar below the populate but don't indicate that they are taking any space so they probably are indeed empty.  I have tried saving the slide show in every possible way that I can see that is available and nothing changes.  Worse than that is if I open the video builder and go to close it I always get the message that it isn't responding.  I am now at my wits end and don't know where to go from here.  We have run a cleaning program on the computer to eliminate everything that isn't needed,  We have verified that the disc burner is operating without any problem.  The computer repair people have thrown up their hands and say that it must be something in the program or something that I am doing wrong.  I do hope that you can address this issue and tell me what to do.  Thanks Carolyn

By some miracle I have arrived at the start  button of the video builder but once again it is saying CD burner not supported.  As I said I have had verification that the cd burner in the computer is functional so that is not the problem  Now that I have gotten this far I really need to know what do about this in order to proceed with the final step in getting my cds burned.  Thanks

A possible alternative:

Use VideoBuilder to create an ISO Image INSTEAD of Burning directly from PTE.

On the last page un-tick all options other than "Create ISO Image". Note the location where it is going to save.

Once successfully created you can right click on it in its saved folder and, if you have suitable software installed, it will offer you the option to BURN the ISO Image to Disc.

If that option does not appear you could download the free IMGBURN from here http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

It supports burning of ISO Images. 

Your PC might already have suitable CD Burning software - give it a try.

DG