WnSoft Forums

White line showing on PNG

Bernpenguin

We seem to have a problem with pings in Objects and animation. The problem has only cropped up in the last four to six months. When we pan a ping across the screen a white line shows up

only on the right hand edge, we have cropped the edge off rubbed the edge off makes no difference it is still there. We have a ping zooming out and there's still a white line. Our  images

are 1920x1080, we managed to get rid of it and next we opened PTE it was back, is there a tick we haven't used or is it a bug

Hi Igor,

We seem  have solved the white line on right hand side of the ping.

when we save the ping in Pshop we get four options the top two 

are only compression, but the bottom two are interlaced or none

and we were always told to pick interlaced. we changed ours to none

problem solved. This white as only happened from 9.19 to 9.22.

We also now get the objects and animation slow to start.

Hope this has been helpful, bye the way we have never none

the difference between none and interlaced.

Cheers Bern & Keith

A PNG (often pronounced "ping") is an image file that lets you have transparent pixels. For example, if you cut out a picture of an aeroplane and save it on a transparent background as a .png file then you can use objects & animations to 'fly' that cut out plane across a background image(s). As Bernard has explained there appears to have been a problem created with saving the .png file as interlaced (no, I don't know what that means either...), which causes a thin white line to appear down the right-hand edge of the image. It doesn't happen if saved without interlacing.

Hi Bern and Keith,

I'm glad that you solved that problem.

We don't recommend to use Interlaced option for saving of PNG images. I never used it for my PNG images.

PNG decoder is same in PTE 9.0.22 as in many previous versions.