WnSoft Forums

Audio from GoPro terrible when video clip is converted

goddi

Greetings,

I have not had any problems in the past with 'GoPro Hero 5 Black' audio when a clip has been converted in PTE. However, I am now using a 'GoPro Hero 7 Black' and the audio is terrible after I convert a clip in PTE. It sounds as if in a wind tunnel, totally unrecognizable. Here is a screenshot of the audio portion of the original GoPro clip and after it has been converted from MediaInfo. The sound is just fine before it is converted in PTE and plays fine in WindowsMediaPlayer.

Can you see anything that points to the problem?

Gary

Added Later: The GoPro Hero 7 video clip's audio is distorted, whether it is the original clip or the converted clip when playing in the PTE player. The original clip plays just find if played through the Explorer. Not having the same problem with the Hero 5, no problem with its audio, when playing a converted clip in the PTE player.

I attached the distorted audio portion of one of the clips from the Hero 7.

Audio.jpg

GH010013.converted.mp3

Igor,

Here is a sample of an GoPro Hero7 Black video clip the shows the problem. You can play it in Windows Media Player with no problems. But when you play it in the PTE player, the sound is distorted. Please take a look at it and see if you can tell what the problem is.

(The 'send.firefox' link will be good for 7 days or 5 downloads.)

Thanks... Gary

https://send.firefox.com/download/937375185843ba11/#gtkpwnUUU1ATt9GRxQHh7g

Igor,

What is strange is that I have not had problems using video clips in PTE from my Hero 5. I don't see any difference in the audio specs between the Hero 5 and the Hero 7.

Can you see is there is a difference in the audio specs and what might be causing the problem? Not sure if it is a GoPro problem or something else.

Can some test this short file in their PTE and see if the distorted audio problem also occurs with their PTE? Just trying to isolate what is causing the audio distortion.

https://send.firefox.com/download/5ed040fba80b0a10/#K4FphpogAdIPb4tuFWf1AA

(This link should be good for 7 days..)   (JUST NOTICED THAT THE LINK EXPIRED ALREADY....NOT  SURE WHY)

Here is a new link...see if this works. Should be up for 7 days...not sure why it gets expired so soon.

https://send.firefox.com/download/6d523829f58aecef/#7pl84Ly4oLVGg-qaEYnLWg

Gary

GoProCompare.thumb.jpg.267265d001a76baaf8991191e2775c13.jpg

Greetings Denis,

Thanks so much. Just gave it a try and it worked!!! Do you know why the audio from Hero7 clips are being distorted in PTE when it does not happen to clips from Hero 5?

I don't see any difference in the audio specs that could create this problem. I hope Igor will test the PTE 10 to be sure that Hero7 files will work with it.

Thanks again. 

Gary

I don't see difference.

In PTE10, Igor will use the latest audio and video decoder and the decoder will read directly the mp4 file without transformation in another soft.

So sure PTE10 will read your GoPro mp4

Denis