WnSoft Forums

Optimization of Video Clip Message AFTER Export

Xenofex2

Just wondering as I have not seen this message before.

I have just put together a short 2 minute Project and exported is a MP4 (Publish HD Video). It does include a couple of very short video sequences but as far as I am aware, these had been 'converted' within the Project before completion.

Is this message then telling me that a) one or more of these video sequences were NOT converted, or, b) that an AVI file is a better choice than MP4 for smooth playback, but then I have never seen this message before, even with projects that included video.

George

P2E.jpg

Hi George,

Look at the images in the slide list. If they don't have the .converted name then they haven't been converted or you haven't selected the converted versions. 

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

Just re-checked. Looked at the 'File Info' of the three video clips used and all show as 'converted'.

Presumably though that is what the message is telling me so maybe I should be then re-visiting each clip, double double check/ attempt re-converting to make sure that they have all been converted and then action another export and see if the message appears again.

George

Just an update. The three Video Clips have (again) been converted and this time I also created a new folder within the Project just to make sure these newly converted clips were kept separate and used this time.

Exported to MP4 and exactly the same message has appeared.

Trying to think if this time I am doing anything different. Not sure! For this first playback I am clicking on the exported file from within the Project File so perhaps this message is just a warning for me to check that I have converted all movie clips used. If not it is then giving me another opportunity to action.

George

George, are you trying to import the video clip you have just created into another or the same project?

If so then create an Avi file instead. 

From memory the MP4 that PTE creates cannot be read directly back in and needs to be reconverted first.

When Pte10 is released we shouldn't have this problem.

Jill

Jill,

No, I was actually just attempting to play the exported MP4 and so when I got the message, I had just clicked on the MP4 file within the Project Folder and also within P2E.

Probably, as it turns out, it is actually not an issue but P2E was just giving me another warning to double check to make sure all clips were converted.

George

Ok so you were just seeing if the created mp4 was ok. Use VLC player to play video files rather than pte.

As I said above an MP4 needs to be converted before PTE can play it, even one that you have just created.

Jill