WnSoft Forums

Yellow Bird - A Suggestion For Transitions

Hi Folks,

Back in 2012 Marcel, one of our French speaking PTE users developed an interesting technique which he showed to one of the Chinese users of PTE who posted an example on YouTube. Tom Mendenhall saw it and asked about it and subsequently, Marcel posted a link to a PDF instruction. I translated the PDF into English and posted it in the form of a jpg. Igor showed yet another way to do this and I made an AVI tutorial (#36 in the PTE Made Easy Series). 

I thought that perhaps new users of PTE who may not have seen this might find it interesting. Also I thought that this technique might make some interesting transitions. Dave???

Anyway - here's an example from 2012 .....

Best regards,

Lin

Very very good example, Lin, of what we can do with Marcel's method.

I enclose here an example with twisted steeples (twisted voluntarily, or sometimes naturally), and flowers.

Playing the exe file sometimes requires a "muscular" computer (not always very smooth), but it is of course perfect in video output mp4

There are 8 transition files - to try !

Effet__Escargot_May11-2019_19-34-38.zip

Thanks, Lin. 

To do it, perhaps I've used Igor's other way you mentionned. It's a lot more faster than the method #36. The beginning is the same.

You put an image on the timeline, and open the O & A window. You put the same image as a child of the first image
For this child you put a keyframe a little before the end of the view (to see the end before moving to the next view!) or at the end.
For this keyframe, you decrease the dimensions of the image a little (Zoom to 90% for example) and you turn it a few degrees (5 or 6 to see).

You make sure that this child is selected,
You do Copy (CTRL C)
and then, you do Paste (CTRL V) as many times as you want (by pressing V continously if you want !)

It' finished, you can do "Play" !

Lin, Jean-Cyprien,

Very nice demos of the effect. Tthe ability to clone objects and inherit their properties is very powerful. You could make some interesting flowers from petals made of rotated images. I also sometimes added opacity to make the image fade away.

Thanks,
Tom