WnSoft Forums

PTE exe stopped running correctly in Windows 10 [SOLVED]

kenscott7

Hi all

Suddenly all of the compiled PTE exe files I have on my Win10 laptop have stopped running correctly. They open to the first slide but do not advance automatically through the sequence.

This happened after trying to call a PTE exe from within Powerpoint 2010, so I suspect either Microsoft Powerpoint security or Windows 10 as a cause. All PTE exe files on the machine are affected, not just the one I called. Has anyone else experienced this or have ideas as to a solution?

ATB

... Ken

4 hours ago, kenscott7 said:

Suddenly all of the compiled PTE exe files I have on my Win10 laptop have stopped running correctly. They open to the first slide but do not advance automatically through the sequence.

This happened after trying to call a PTE exe from within Powerpoint 2010, so I suspect either Microsoft Powerpoint security or Windows 10 as a cause. All PTE exe files on the machine are affected, not just the one I called. Has anyone else experienced this or have ideas as to a solution?

Hi,

Do you observe this problem inside PTE's main window in the small preview window? Or only in EXE shows and fullscreen preview?

Did you try to restart Windows?

If the problem occurs only in EXE shows and fullscreen preview, please try the following:

1. Open any your project in PTE 9.

2. In the Project Options > Advanced tab > untick the option "Pause when slideshow window becomes inactive".

3. Create a new EXE file for this project and run it.

Is everything is OK now?

Igor thank you.

I have just compiled a new EXE with parameters as you suggest. The same problem is evident - the exe loads to a dark slide, and the images can be advanced only manually, not automatically. There is neither sound nor any transition effect. I am going to try to reinstall PTE next.

Being up to date is important, of course, but this happened directly after the Powerpoint call. I use chained-together PTE exe shows several times per week and have never had an issue with any combination of windows or PTE versions. Indeed the issue is not present on my deskptop, which uses precisely the same OS build and PTE versions.

... Ken

Ken,

It seems to be a problem with a sound card (or drivers).

I recommend to re-install drivers for your sound card.

Open Device Manager in Windows to check a state of the sound card. Device Manager allows to update drivers for a sound card.

Ken,

I'm glad that you solved that problem.

I receive reports about same problem 1 or 2 times per year. It occurs very rarely. And always re-installation of drivers curred that problem.

This problem definitely is not related with PTE. Incorrect work of Windows, or drivers of this sound card.

PTE cannot work correctly when sound card is not working properly.

• Igor changed the title to PTE exe stopped running correctly in Windows 10 [SOLVED]