WnSoft Forums

"Linger" on Beechbrook

LumenLux

About a month ago I posted a little "Linger" show on Beechbrook. I thought I would try an experiment by not mentioning it here - and see what comments it might get just from the posting. Well, almost a month and 200+ downloads, and 0 comments. I'm not sure what my experiment proves, but perhaps it's time to grovel for comments. Does anyone have any comment? :(

OK Lumenlux I will stick my neck out and say that I am still not sure. I liked the slowness of the fades and the varied use of filters, but in a couple of instances I am sure we never saw the basic image. With the second basic image I think I would have preferred that the image evolved from rather than devolved into a wavy version. My suggestion is that you might try bringing the first basic image up to its original then dissolve down to the wavy form, similar to that used on the second basic image, where I suggest you bring it up through the filtered images to its original. However, I cannot say that I didn't like it. I hope that gives you some food for thought as it has me. Thank you and best wishes.

Ron [uK]

<_< I found this one very confusing. The fades and the music worked very well but I found myself longing to see an image I understood. Eventually it arrived (the snowy(?) woodland scene) & it was very nice too. But I'm left wondering what the show was about. Was it tranquility? Or perhaps confusion? That's how I felt about it anyway. Perhaps you might like to tell us what you tried to achieve in this one? Or is it just a bit of (abstract) art? If so that would explain it because i don't "get it" with any of that kind of stuff anyway. Sorry, I'm an old bore, I guess.

LumenLux your pte show is quite interesting I like your idea to depart from the traditional and to create a piece which is unusual. In my opinion you should pursue in this direction because you may not realize it you are creating a new art form and you are into some thing here...and with the new technology such as photo editing and software like Pte you should be able to push the envelop further and there is no limit to what can be done and I am waiting for your next presentation

Robert

OK - I was one of the 200 but in my defence I hadn't got round to viewing until now. I found the transitions a little long for my taste and some a little too abstract for my taste. I liked the colouring (or lack of it).

However, was your real point that we are not giving enough feedback? Sometimes I feel that all of the comments that have been made about a particular posting have said it all and I have nothing to add. (Not in this case because no comments had been made). I sometimes feel that I, as someone who has yet to post at Beechbrook, don't feel qualified to comment.

I wonder if there's a case for just giving marks out of ten for Technical and Artistic content instead of writing a dissertation every time? Would that encourage more people to participate in the feedback? Either way if the people who are posting don't get any feedback perhaps they will stop posting and there would then be no need for this forum. We don't want that, do we?

DaveG

Bob,

I just had the opportunity to download and watch your show, "Linger", and now I feel obligated to pass on my reactions to it. :)

I enjoyed watching the AV for several reasons, not least of which was the suspense in wondering what you were going to give us next. The images were great - amazing what you can make out of fairly ordinary scenics with everyday photoshop effects. Some of the "twisted" trees reminded me of the abstract trees in a painting my wife and I bought while on vacation out west one summer.

Like watching fractals, there is a limit to how long one can maintain one's attention unless there are significant changes to the patterns along the way. I like the way the trees "morph" into mountains, though, and perhaps this theme could be developed even more.

IMO, I'm not sure you need to see the actual images, except maybe at the beginning, as you have done, even if they were somewhat stylized. Like most aspects of AV, however, it's a matter of personal preference. Maybe returning to a more recognizable actual image at the end, similar to the ones at the beginning, would "tie" the show together more.

Overall, I like the idea very much - however, I think I would prefer a little faster pace and more variety. Good choice of music!

I agree with Robert in that it is good to see people experimenting with the powerful creative tools in Photoshop and PTE in such an artistic manner as you have, rather than using them in their shows just because they are there.

We AV'ers are so lucky to be living in this digital age and be on the forefront of such rapidly expanding technologies. It's a little like being in the front seat of a roller-coaster - exhilerating, and you never know what's coming up next! Maybe we need a few more shows like yours to enable us to sit back, relax, and smell the roses. :)