WnSoft Forums

(SOLVED)Difficulty using a panorama photo - does not display

ggr001

I am new to PicturestoExe so I apologize for what may be a basic question.  I am trying to use a panoramic photo in a slide show and for some reason it does not display either in the selection screen (from which one can select slides to use), or in the PicturestoExe slide sequence itself.  I don't understand why both are blank.  Can anyone provide some insight or suggestions please.  Thanks in advance.

What format is your pano file?  I use panoramas in slideshows all the time, if it's a jpg, bmp, or png format you should have no problem using it. If it's a tiff, it won't work. 

Best regards,

Lin

Another potential source of invisibility in PTE: image should be coded as "RGB Color" (used for standard display on screen) and not "CMYK Color" (used for some high-end printers), as set in Photoshop with: Image / Mode.

15 hours ago, ggr001 said:

I believe my problem was the size of the JPEG panorama.  I resized it and it seems to work fine.  Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Can you please tell us how large was the initial JPEG file?  If many shots are combined together, the result can indeed be huge, for a 360° panoramic view for instance.  It would be good to know the practical limit.  Did you resize first for the maximum vertical dimension of your slide show (1080 in full HD or 2160 pixels in 4K UHD)?