WnSoft Forums

duration of effect for fade

Deb

I recently made a show with a lot of photos in the 1 MB range. It played well on the hard drive

of course, but not as well on CD. I thought 1 MB was OK, but I guess it is really kind of large for a photo file. All transitions were fades and with the large files, the fade looked nice, but when I decreased the photo and it was quite small and windowed..the fade became almost a 'stamp' effect. I set duration of fade effect to almost 2 sec. and still didn't get a good fade. Am I doing something wrong? Also, can you delete the shadow effect on certain slides..I like it but there are some slides that I don't want it on. and FINALLY, does version 4.0 allow larger photo sizes to be used and played well when put on CD? Deb

Hi Deb,

you have to tell us more details in order to really help you. Which screen resolution does your monitor have, which resolution do your slides have?

I assume, you used bmp files for your images. That's why your file sizes might be that large. Convert them into jpg or gif and they will be condiderably smaller in file size (not in resolution).

The shadow effect you can get rid of when you go to the individual settings for each slide.

Deb, I think very simply your pictures are too large, and a CD is not fast enough to transfer correctly all data to CPU.

A "normal" size for a full screen 800 x 600 good/very good quality jpg file is about 100-200 KB, for a 1024 x 760 about 150-300.