WnSoft Forums

Mouse-Wheel--backwards??? [Nope]

goddi

Greetings,

I have been trying not to post this quirk that I seem to have with the Mouse-Wheel to go to the beginning or end of the Slides. It seems backwards to me. But it is driving me a bit nuts.

Currently, moving the Mouse-Wheel forward, you go to the end of the Slides; move the Mouse-Wheel backwards, you go to the front of the Slides.

Perhaps my brain is working backwards, but it seems to me that if you move the Mouse-Wheel forward, you should move 'forward' to the end of the Slides; and if you move the Mouse-Wheel backwards, you should go 'back' to the beginning of the Slides.

I have been trying to re-wire my brain to the current methods, but it does not seem intuitive to me.

Or is it just me....???:blink:

Gary

Hi Gary,

Rolling the mouse wheel by "pushing" with your index finger moves a screen downward so that you see what, if anything, is above the top of your display. Rolling the mouse wheel by "pulling" toward you moves the screen upward so you see what's beneath your line of sight. I think it works that way on about all programs I've encountered. So if you consider what is beyond your view to the right, as what would be below your line of sight on a vertical move, you would pull the wheel toward you. No?

Best regards,

Lin

Lin... Yea, I think it is just me not following some 'logic'. I see that the 'logic' for the File List is 'logical'. I push forward, and the beginning of the file list is revealed. In the Slides, as I push forward, the beginning of the images appear. I don't know why it suddenly looked backwards in the Slides. Brain fart????

Thanks for getting me back on track. Just a momentary lapse of 'logic'.  :blink:

Gary