WnSoft Forums

cross-fade switching from video clip and photo clip

I recently started introducing short videos in my photo slideshows, but I find a problem that I don't know how to solve. When switching from a video clip to a photo clip even if I introduce a cross-fade or other transition, the transition starts only after the video clip is finished and this results in the sudden stop of any movement in the video. This is very annoying to see. Now since it is not possible to use multiple video tracks that would allow you to apply a true crossfade transition by eliminating the display of the motion stop, I would like to know if there is a way to solve this problem.
Thank you

Carmelo

Carmelo,

Do your video files used in this project are located on local drive, or on network drive?

Can you create a simple short project which demonstrate this problem? Please send me a ZIP archive with all project files by.

Use https://send.firefox.com to share the file.

I created a test show with 2 video clips and Dissolve transition. Does it play OK on your computer?
https://files.wnsoft.com/test/10/carmelo/TwoVideos.zip

Greetings,

There are ways to avoid this 'stop' motion at the end of a video clip as it transitions to a still image. I use video clips all the time.

My method is to go into the Timeline and then just drag the still clip to the left over the ending of the preceding video clip. When you drag the still image in the Timeline, you are dragging everything behind it so you don't lose setting for the remaining portions of the project.

Also a quick way of 'trimming' the end of a video clip.

Gary

"the transition starts only after the video clip is finished and this results in the sudden stop of any movement in the video"

This is because the transition (example: 1,5 seconds) uses the last 1,5 seconds of the video clip, after the slide ends.

So, you must make the slide 1,5 seconds shorter than the video clip, in order that the transition gets the last 1,5 seconds of the video clip, this way there is no stop of the video.

Regards,

Jose

6 hours ago, Ronniebootwest said:

Can you expand your thoughts on this please, I am not sure of what you are doing.

I'm sorry I didn't understand the two suggestions given to me at all. I probably couldn't explain myself well. I try to clarify the concept.
Example: 15 second video clip followed by 4 second photo clip with 2 second crossfade transition interposed between the two clips. In the visualization, the video stops at the end of its duration, also interrupting the movement present in the video, then the fade is displayed with the passage to the photo clip.
I would like to have a fade that starts two seconds before the end of the video so as not to see the interruption of the movement since it is covered by the fading of the photo clip that follows. Despite changing the fading time I always see the interruption of the movement!
I didn't understand Orizaba's advice: I should make the duration of the video clip equal to the duration of the transition; but how do I reduce the video clip from the example shown above to 2 seconds? Do I have to cut the last two seconds of the video?
I hope I have been clearer, otherwise I will try to send a very short project with a video and a photo and an interposed transition.

Go into Timeline view

Click on the Photo clip

Holding down the left mouse, drag the Photo clip 2 secs to the Left.

This will allow the transition to occur over the last 2 secs of the video so it will not stop before the Photo clip is fully visible.

Or in Slide view click on the video clip

in the bottom right hand corner of this clip you should see 15.0
This is the duration of the video clip

Change this to 13.0
It will have the same effect as moving the Photo clip transition to occur over the last 2secs of video

Jill

18 minutes ago, carmelo.battaglia said:
I'm sorry I didn't understand the two suggestions given to me at all. I probably couldn't explain myself well. I try to clarify the concept.

Not sure if my suggestion was one that you did not understand. Here is my method in a video screengrab. Also an easy way to just trim the last part of a video clip:

https://send.firefox.com/download/2a538c356a0db12d/#iWQ9PbynoDSmhRPPLleGEQ

Gary

I would like to thank Jkb for the detailed description of the procedure to solve my problem!
Only now I realized that all the others who answered me also said the same thing, but I couldn't understand it!
Now everything works perfectly !!