WnSoft Forums

Sound Track Volume and Fade Control

Azmi

I have brought up this issue previously and I hope Igor can look into this request.

Many slideshow programs are now incorporating the sound track volume and fade in , fade out feature amongst them ProShow and Slide Show To Go . Among others, this feature allows the user to control the soundtrack volume fade in or out several seconds before the beginning or at the end of an individual slide/presentation.

This will help fasten the compilation of slideshows for those who do not wish to use third party programs such as AudioMxer or Audacity to cut, fade or control the volume of the soundtrack.

I sincerely wish this feature could be incorporated in version 4.0 or 4.X

Regards

Azmi.

In my opinion, Azmi, PTE cannot become also an image or sound editor.

As it's necessary to use an external program to prepare and optimize pictures, same way we cannot ask the software for sound editing features.

cannot become also an image or sound editor

Oh...but it can! As the previous post pointed out, other programs are beginning incorporate sound and image editing features. Now I would not suggest you are going to be able to have a program like PTE replace stand-alone imaging or sound programs like Photoshop or Audacity, but the ability to do some final "tweaking" would be nice.

If we keep bringing up the names of other programs here it's because we see them beginning to pull away from PTE in the "features race." Loyalty to a product only goes so far when the competition begins offering more and better stuff.

When I'm at a horse race and the horse I'm betting on begins to fall behind, I cheer him on! PTE I hate to say is beginning to fall behind. Our recommendations for program improvements are just that -- cheers of encouragement for Wnsoft to pay attention to what's being developed by others so as not to lose this race.

Truelight and guru,

I can understand both of your positions and argumentations. But I think, there's no reason to complain about PTE (yet). Every version so far was a steep enhancement.

We all do know, that making a convincing PTE presentation DOES involve external software, depending upon the complexity of your presentation. These external software experiences we recommend to each other or warn others of using them.

That's one of the reasons, why ALL of these inputs make this forum so valuable to me. I get a lot of new ideas, testing new software, which I didn't know yet, and Igor always pulls the best suggestions out of the forum to improve PTE in future versions. What else can we ask for?

In Germany, there is a saying: Die eierlegende Wollmilchsau!

It means a pig, that gives you meat, milk, wool and eggs doesn't exist.

I have found PTE both exhilarating and frustrating, but all the time I have found it exciting. It enables me to express my ideas (not fully admittedly) but by intergrating with other software it does the job.

After all my 35mm projectors (all 3 of them and all the associated electronics) never cut and spliced my reel to reel tapes, so why should PTE also edit my sound?

Its horses for courses. Use everything available to make the best you can.

Hopefully you should soon be able to see my presentation on beechbrook soon.

Mersea Mike

Comparing similar competitive Software and making wish Lists ... has always been and will be a well discussed and higly debatable topic.

But the bottom line is IMHO ... One particular Sofware cannot completely satisfy all the individual needs of each and every user or purchaser. We are so lucky to be blessed by Igor's dedication to PTE ... and us users.

Lately, I have not used many of the competitive products out on the market. But I do know all lack some feature or another that their competitors have. Free Upgrades... No Upgrades, Continual Updates ... No Updates, Multiple Versions ... 1 Version, Quality ... Poor Quality, High Prices ... Low Prices, and ETC and ETC and ETC.

So do you really want PTE to be the TOP CLONE with all of the above features to satisfy everyone ( multiple versions , multiple pricing, multiple problems, etc) ... or do you just want PTE just custom made to suit your needs ( and then whos needs comes first ? ).

I personally believe PTE has been TOP in being progressively developed rather well by Igor to suit all of our many needs .

Opinions vary ... Needs vary ... and all Software varies. Make a Choice ( by the way Choices vary too)

I tend to agree with Truelight, as our purpose of highlighting new features available in competing programs is for the betterment of PTE and not to belittle it.

We all want PTE to be the Number 1 slideshow program in this world and it has certain features which other slideshow do not have or is lacking.

Back to the sound fade suggestion, what I meant was not for PTE do be a full fledge sound editor but it will be a strong point for PTE if we could do some tweaking of the sound as the show/slide begins or end.

With this enhancement, PTE would probably be an all rounded slideshow program better than it's competitor's available features.

Anyway , I leave to Igor to look into this suggestion maybe not now but in the near future so that PTE would be a dynamic slideshow product in the years to come.

Regards again. Azmi