WnSoft Forums

Slideshow - APPLECROSS PASS, SCOTLAND

goddi

Greetings,

There are drives and there are drives. This is one of the most beautiful and fun drive you can have. (It is a long video but it needs to be long.) This is a link to my Facebook page so I don't know if a non-FB person can view the show.

(Also, used Ver.10 Beta)

Gary

Gary

As you say, there are drives and there are drives. Not sure though now if I fancy the drive yet see you passed some on pedal bikes along the way. 

Imagine a car breaking down on that road. Or icy.

Another brilliant memory.

Watching it did take me back to the 1950's here in the UK as on BBC tv, perhaps as an interlude between programmes, it was filmed from the drivers cab as the electric train went from London Victoria to Brighton (south coast) in just 4 minutes, normally a 60 minute journey. It is on youtube now. Your drive is scary enough as it is, but speed it up and .........! Oops!

Thankyou for posting as am not on Facebook. Another brilliant watch.

George

Greetings George,

There are many videos of this drive. Most are in rainy, overcast and icy conditions. Hard to see anything. We were very fortunate to have such a beautiful weather and very little traffic. Can't imagine what it is like in high season! And, if anyone is thinking of doing it, do the route counterclockwise--best way. Glad to bring back good memories.

And nice to know that non-FB people can view links to FB pages.

Thanks... Gary