WnSoft Forums

Slideshow - Edinburgh to Handa island and back

jmG-06100

Greetings,

here is a link to my "Edinburgh to Handa island and back" road trip show:
https://www.sfrcloud.sfr.fr/web/app/share/invite/FTPHn7sLzq

I hope it will work for you and that it is worth your download of the large file of 835 MB.  It is a full HD version (the 4K version shows astonishing details on a large 4K TV screen, but the file is nearly 3 GB large).

This is a complement (and a compliment) to the excellent "Edinburgh to Glasgow Road-Trip" by "goddi".  Thank you again, Gary, for sharing.  I hope you like to see some of my trip too, on the west coast of Scotland (mainly).

[EDIT] At first you get the header « Le fichier ... est trop gros pour être lu. », i.e. the file is too big for immediate display, so that you cannot view the slideshow directly.
One needs to hit the “Plus” button near the top right and then choose “telécharger”, i.e. “DONWNLOAD”.  The other option (“Signaler du contenu injurieux”) is to report inadequate content.

Greetings,

At first I could not figure out how to view the show. I didn't have my wife here to translate the French menu. I finally found the download icon but I might have also hit the other '...injurieux...' by mistake, my wife now says.:wacko: Sorry.

But I was able to download it. You went to places that we did not have time for. Nice to see the other places and tips for next time.

I noticed your Avis bill was 1096 BP for 10 days. My car rental (Astra) was only $542 for 9 days. Wow. Big difference. From the map, it looks like you did not make it into the  Applecross Pass? Did the broken down lorry let you see any of the Pass?

Gary

Gary

Thank you for your comments.
This is the first time that I use my internet provider's “cloud” space, since my MP4 file is much larger than the allowed 125 MB of the slideshow club.  I now realise that the interface is in French, so please accept my apologies for not giving adequate notice and instruction.

At first you get the header « Le fichier ... est trop gros pour être lu. », i.e. the file is too big for immediate display, so that you cannot view the slideshow directly.
Indeed one needs to hit the “Plus” button near the top right and then choose “telécharger”, i.e. “DONWNLOAD”.  The other option (“Signaler du contenu injurieux”) is to report inadequate content.

The rented car was a spacious Citroen Picasso C4 with seating place for 7 people.  We were two couples with ample luggage and everybody had a good viewpoint from the windows.  Near the end of our trip a little stone hit the front windscreen and a crack developed progressively (out of direct sight from the driver), and the replacement cost was taken by the insurance we took.

When we left Lochcarron travelling through Ardarroch, we have not been able to go south of Applecross and had to drive all around on the eastern road via Fearnbeg, Kalnakill, to Applecross (from the North) and back again the same route.
You can read the relevant article in the newspaper (and see the picture of the scene):
https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/highlands/1771097/scenic-nc500-hill-road-closed-after-lorry-becomes-stuck-on-twisty-route/
<<The scenic Bealach na Ba hill road on the North Coast 500 was closed for several hours today after a lorry got stuck.
The incident was first reported to police around 12.45pm with a road closure put in place to allow recovery.
The route was cleared at 5.12pm allowing traffic to freely pass.
A couple who had been travelling behind the lorry in their motorhome said they “felt sorry for the driver who must have been shaking as the front of the lorry was touching the safety barrier”.>>

Voilà (that’s it).

Greetings, Yea, I was amazed at seeing these campervans zipping down the Applecross Pass. Now that  lorry...what was he thinking??? You had a bigger car. I can see the increase in cost. Knowing  I was driving these crazy roads, I got full insurance too, but nothing happened!!!! :D

Just a thought, but why not get a Facebook account  and just post them there with a link in the Forum? Seems to work well. Got to watch for music copyright issues, though.

Gary