WnSoft Forums

'Insert Template...' for individual slides

goddi

Igor,

I understand that we can use 'Project Options', 'Defaults', 'Insert template'. Make a selection and then 'Apply to all slides'. This can be applied to all existing slides and new slides.

However, it would be helpful to be able to 'insert a template' from this menu to individually selected slides (not all existing slides) that have already been placed in the Slides.

I don't think this can be done presently.

(As Lin has pointed out, you can 'apply to all slides' and then individually remove the ones you don't want in O&A).

Gary

14 minutes ago, davegee said:

Not to detract from your suggestion, but you CAN apply a Style to selected slides.

DG

Yes, but then you have to deal with resetting the Duration and applying a Style will remove any previous settings made for the slide.

Gary

30 minutes ago, davegee said:

You haven't really got to grips with Styles yet, have you Gary?

DG

Dave, If I am offtrack in what I have said, let me know. No, no problems with Styles but if I can do something within the existing menus and not undue any setting I have already put into a slide, it makes sense not to use a Style. The Style is good for a slide that has not had any processing or settings made to it yet. A Style can be disruptive to what you have already implemented to a slide. Styles are great for what they do but you have to be a bit careful in their use. I've actually used them and made some for myself!!!! :)

Gary

No, you are good.

I was thinking that Composite Styles and forward thinking in the planning of a show can make Styles very useful and time-saving during a project.

If captioning is an afterthought then I agree that a captioning Style would "undo" some hard work done in animating a slide.

On 9/23/2019 at 11:39 PM, denisb said:

Hi,

what I do :

-select some slides

-select comment

-select insert text template

-select what you want

Denis

Thanks... I just noticed that since I went to the RCs, all my 'Settings/Preferences' were not all checked and I did not see the 'Comment' box was missing.

Gary