WnSoft Forums

(Solved) Publishing Problem

canico

I have just encounted a publishing problem that has left me frustrated and I would welcome some advice please.

I am using windows 10 and PTE V9 and have used 'publish' to make DVDs of my sequences for years without difficulty but this has just stopped working. What is happening is that the publish sequence procceds as usual but when the DVD goes into a DVD player it says nothing has been recorded. I have tried sony and panasonic players with the same result,also I have used different blank DVDs. I have also tried to publish onto a USB stick but this is  also blank.

I have seen a message on screen as follows - access violation at address 0075AB9C in module pictures to exe read of address 00000000 but I have no idea what this means !

Regards 

Instead of writing to a DVD, use the "ISO" option (un-tick everything else).

When completed and if successful you should be able to play the ISO in VLC for instance.

If successful, you will have proven whether the problem that you have is with PTE or your DVD burner.

Right click on the ISO and one of the options should be to Burn the Image.

DG

Hi Canico,

Not to answer for Dave, but VLC is a free midia player software you can download here: 

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

DVD burners have a limited life. Over the years I've had to replace many of mine. Often they fail at around 400-500 burns so the purpose of using the ISO is to attempt to find whether the problem is with PTE or with your video burner. The ISO choice is found here:

Lin

iso.jpg

Thanks to Lin and Dave for your respones. Problem Solved - pilot error, looking at the screen pic you sent Lin  I realised that 'burn DVD' was unticked which is surprising as I successfully made a DVD a week before.

I am interested in your advice that the DVD burner can wear out, when this happens does this require replacement hardware or software ?

Canico  

Hi Canico,

Great that you've got it working!  When the DVD burner wears out, it just requires replacement of the hardware. It's not too expensive but if you burn lots of DVD's it's just a matter of time.

Best regards,

Lin