WnSoft Forums

Cell Phone Video Clips - borders [PARTIALLY SOLVED]

goddi

Greetings,

I am working on a project for a friend who used his cell phone for still images and video clips. I don't have a cell phone so this is new to me. My question has to do with putting a border around the video clip, which has been resized to 95%.

If I bring in the video clip without Convert, the bottom of the border is not being shown:

1-NoBorder.thumb.jpg.180b18dece9f04560c173e5b6987ac5d.jpg

If I Convert the clip, I get black borders on both sides of the clip:

2-ConvertedClip.thumb.jpg.d8337e446c62fb5cfedff2abea019baf.jpg

What am I missing? The properties of the video clip are:

3-Properties.jpg.86341d514c00d9107b259c52ba91d185.jpg

Not sure why the Frame Size is 1920x1080. PTE does not seem to give an Aspect Crop for cell phones? How can I get a border around the video clip? It works for its still images but not for its video clips.

Gary

Gary,

Thanks, I see the problem with a border of an original portrait video. We'll fix it.

PTE 10 doesn't support converting of portrait videos. They should be processing by special way, and it cannot be implemented in reasonable time. Use Handbrake - a free open-source video converter.

In fact all portrait videos are horizontal and include a rotation flag (angle of rotation). I don't understand why it was so complicated.

On 10/8/2019 at 9:20 PM, goddi said:

I am working on a project for a friend who used his cell phone for still images and video clips. I don't have a cell phone so this is new to me. My question has to do with putting a border around the video clip, which has been resized to 95%.

If I bring in the video clip without Convert, the bottom of the border is not being shown:

Gary,

Try new test version:

https://files.wnsoft.com/test/pteavstudio-setup.exe

It installs as 10.0.1 in About window.

• Igor changed the title to Cell Phone Video Clips - borders [PARTIALLY SOLVED]
30 minutes ago, Igor said:

Gary,

Try new test version:

https://files.wnsoft.com/test/pteavstudio-setup.exe

It installs as 10.0.1 in About window.

Igor, Yes, now the bottom border appears correctly. However, there is not an Aspect Ratio to select that will match the cell phone's video frame. Not sure why the 3:4 appears. I understand I can use the Image Crop to move the left and right sides into the video's frame. Or use the Framing to expand the video into the frame. But is it possible to add an Aspect Ratio to match the real Aspect Ratio of the cell phone's videos?

New101.thumb.jpg.4a554a6a4bbbd90a37e996331bdd4205.jpg

Gary

1 hour ago, Igor said:

Gary,

It's difficult to check for a problem without a sample video file.

With my iPhone portrait video it's OK with a border and assigned aspect to 3:4.

Igor, I just sent you a small sample video clip from the cell phone via PM. I don't know yet which cell phone it came from. My friend, who has the cell phone, is out of town.

Gary