WnSoft Forums

Toolbars and Fullscreen view of Filelist/Slidelist [SOLVED]

jkb

I was giving a demonstration to a camera Club of the new PTE10 tonight.

I was showing how you can customise the Toolbars & noticed that they no longer change immediately.

In PTE9 if you tick/untick or move the position of an item in Preferences/Toolbars the change happens on screen immediately without having to click OK.
In PTE10 you have to click OK before the change takes place.

Is it possible for the changes to take place as they did in V9?

Also the little triangle 'Fullscreen view of Filelist' used to be on by default.
Not sure when the default was changed to Off , but for beginners it is much better to have the default set to On.

Can the default be changed back to On please.

Fullscreen view of Fileslist/Slidelist

In V9 & all previous versions when in Fullscreen view you can click on a thumbnail of a slide & press the spacebar to display the image fullscreen.
Pressing spacebar again would return to the thumbnail view

Now in V10, not only does it seem to take a lot longer to display the fullscreen image, but it no longer returns using the spacebar.
You now have to use Esc to return to the thumbnail view.

Being able to quickly toggle thumbnail/fullscreen using the spacebar was very useful.
The spacebar is easy to hit in the dark, the Esc key is more difficult to find.

Jill

On 10/10/2019 at 12:48 AM, jkb said:

I was showing how you can customise the Toolbars & noticed that they no longer change immediately.

In PTE9 if you tick/untick or move the position of an item in Preferences/Toolbars the change happens on screen immediately without having to click OK.

Jill,

I cannot reproduce this problem. All manipulations with toolbars appear immediately in the main window before you click OK button in Preferences window. 

Can other members confirm this problem?

But I noticed a bug, when pressing Cancel button doesn't always discard recent changes.

Also the little triangle 'Fullscreen view of Filelist' used to be on by default.
Not sure when the default was changed to Off , but for beginners it is much better to have the default set to On.

OK. 10.0.1

In V9 & all previous versions when in Fullscreen view you can click on a thumbnail of a slide & press the spacebar to display the image fullscreen.

Now in V10, not only does it seem to take a lot longer to display the fullscreen image, but it no longer returns using the spacebar.

Being able to quickly toggle thumbnail/fullscreen using the spacebar was very useful.
The spacebar is easy to hit in the dark, the Esc key is more difficult to find.

Jill,

I understand your argument. Just not sure that it can be quickly improved on this stage.

Perhaps a misunderstanding ! ?

In V9, in "Preferences > Toolbars", when ticking an un-ticked object it is to be seen (in the Main Window) immediately. And if you highlight an object, and click the move buttons, you see the corresponding movement in the Main Window immediately. This does not work in V10. When performing the changes You only see them in Preferences Window. Only after clicking OK, the new toolbar setting show up in the Main Window.

1 hour ago, Igor said:

Thanks, I reproduced this problem.

Glad that you have found the problem.
I have just tried on my desktop which still has RC5 (I haven't yet downloaded the final version)
It works as V9 and changes to the Toolbar happen immediately.

On my laptop you have to click OK first.

Both Win 7

Jill

Just downloaded the final release version & that works on my desktop.
Strange that it doesn't work on my laptop.

Jill,

I forgot to add. Since PTE 10 Space key in the fullscreen view of File list or Slide list uses a new fullscreen preview which also can play video files. So Space key can be used to pause/resume playback in a preview of a video file/or slide.

So we need to find some logical solution for all these tasks.

19 minutes ago, Igor said:

Jill,

I forgot to add. Since PTE 10 Space key in the fullscreen view of File list or Slide list uses a new fullscreen preview which also can play video files. So Space key can be used to pause/resume playback in a preview of a video file/or slide.

So we need to find some logical solution for all these tasks.

Ok this makes sense.

The problem is that on many laptops the Esc key is very near to the power switch & in the dark when you are looking at the main projection screen it can be possible to hit the wrong key & switch the laptop off!!

It is not a problem when working at home, only when giving demonstrations or using PTE for single image competitions.

Jill

Jill,

Try new test version:

https://files.wnsoft.com/test/pteavstudio-setup.exe

It installs as 10.0.1 in About window.

1. The problem with Toolbar is solved.

2. Triangle button (fullscreen view of the File list) appears by default on the top toolbar (in a new installation or when you click Reset (toolbars) button in Preferences.

• Igor changed the title to Toolbars and Fullscreen view of Filelist/Slidelist [SOLVED]
2 hours ago, Igor said:

1. The problem with Toolbar is solved.

2. Triangle button (fullscreen view of the File list) appears by default on the top toolbar (in a new installation or when you click Reset (toolbars) button in Preferences.

Thanks for making the change so quickly. These are now fixed.

Jill