WnSoft Forums

The first ever PTE exe

Laszlo K

Had some discussion with friends about the year of the first PTE EXE. I started with V3..... When was that? I have no clue.

Maybe some of you will know

Thanks

Laszlo:wub:

The first release version of PTE was in 1999 and Wnsoft LTD began in 1998. I've been using it since shortly before the first release. We had a forum of sorts but it was revised, I think, in 2002 and most of we old timers registered on the present forum on 7 December 2002. 

Best regards,

Lin

I don't know what version I began with but it had to be near the beginning of time.  TRex may have still wandered the earth.  I tried this and that software, but kept coming back to the buttery smooth PTE with its EXE files. I don't see any of my slide shows earlier than 2002 but I was using the software before that. Took a long while to convince me to fork out the money to buy it.  I produced my first major presentation for humanitarian work in Africa in 2004.

Somewhere early, I was amazed at whoever produced the Macarena dance show--probably posted at Beechbrook.  Who produced that show?  I am still impressed.  I think I still have it somewhere on some dusty drive. It would have been about 2002 that someone made a jigsaw puzzle, likely Barry. I know Barry had a balloon jigsaw sometime around 2003. Impressive!   It was 2007 before that incredible "helicopter" with  rotating blades appeared. I bet Lin made that one! 

I am trying to remember names:  Michael Compte, Dfotos, Granot,  A few years later Greg Gordon came along.  And the Dom.  Oh, how we miss him!   Many many more. Who was the cantankerous old duffer with the sailboat?  I liked him. I still have some of Ronnie's PDF tutorials from 2006.  Good job, Ronnie!

A lot of cool people have passed by here.  PTE just keeps getting better.  

I created first internal version of PicturesToExe in November of 1998. But I didn't publish it because thought that it's useless. Initial name of this product was "Advanced Picture Runner". You can still find a trace of this original name in a name of configuration file of PTE - apr.ini in App data folder. Then we decided to publish this product as PicturesToExe 1.0 in July 1999. Now I spent more than half of my life with PTE, more than 20 years :)

Well, congratulation Igor and the team of old timers to test every little bit to make the program as good as it is today. I'm glad that I posted this request it gives me a good data to pass on to people I share PTE with. I do stress the program at times and have literally no complains. If I do Igor, Lin and Dave right on it, what I really appreciate. It is a good team.

Happy to be part of it.

Thank you all.

Laszlo