WnSoft Forums

Problems with video converter (PTE10)

Magis

Just an observation. PTE is by far not the only product which has been having problems with the feature of trimming videos. Because of the variety of CODECs and bugs in them, it's a difficult issue to troubleshoot. The following quote is from a Techsmith forum on Camtasia, the premier video tool for creating and manipulating videos. I "think" Barry uses Camtasia as do several people on the PTE forum... Just saying....

Lin

"Does what I need sometimes crashes

I bought this because my computer was no longer playing nice with Windows movie maker, and the app they replaced it with was awful. Camtasia does exactly what I need it to do (actually better than movie maker). However, when I get in the flow of trimming video content, it often seems to freeze. The video blacks out and does not come back until I hit save, shut down the program and restart. Luckily no information sees to be lost when this happens, but it is an inconvenience. Otherwise the program is great and I am still learning about all the features."

Gary,

Installed new test version of PTE 10. Trimmed blank sections begin and end. Length 34 seconds after trim and looks accurate. Audio OK now. For some reason previous PTE 10 trim function reduced audio bitrate to 2 Kbps.

Tom

9 minutes ago, tom95521 said:

Gary,

Installed new test version of PTE 10. Trimmed blank sections begin and end. Length 34 seconds after trim and looks accurate. Audio OK now. For some reason previous PTE 10 trim function reduced audio bitrate to 2 Kbps.

Tom

Tom,

Yes, I see that now. When the clip is Converted/Trimmed and the audio remains, the bitrate is 128 Kbps; when the audio is not there, the Converted/Timmed file's audio is 2 Kbps. It this a PTE bug? Using V10.0.2. Seems to happen when the Trimming is started in the beginning section where the video is missing or poor or the transition between videos sections (blue).

Gary

7 hours ago, Igor said:

Gary, try to download and install the test version again from a link above in my post yesterday. 

Igor,

That is what I had done before. But I re-installed the 10.0.2 as you suggested. I tried the Convert/Trim 8 times from various spots and each time it worked. Audio was there. Not sure why the first install of the test version did not fix the problem. But it seems that it now works just fine. Thanks... Gary

On 11/22/2019 at 4:26 PM, Igor said:

Try a new test version. It installs as v10.0.2:

https://files.wnsoft.com/test/pteavstudio-setup.exe

Now after trimming of a beginning of a video Sofia.mpg sound works correctly.

Hi Igor,

Back home, I've installed that new version.

First try on the VTS_01_1.mp4 file, worked well (cut from 21:15 to 22:40, adjusted at image level using up and down arrows). I get the exact part of the video I want.

Second try on the same VTS_01_1.mp4 file. Cut from 22:40 to 25:40, adjusted at image level using up and down arrows. Failure. The program ignores the trims and convert the entire file. You will find the screen shots with the link.

I close PTE and relaunch it (to test wether the first cut is right and the failure occurs with the second cut). I put the trims at 22:40 and 25:50. Same problem as préviously, the trims are ignored and the entire video is converted.

The file is here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/klajr67wfk6ly6b/VTS_01_1.mp4?dl=0

Expecting this will help.

Sincerely yours

screenshots.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2019 at 7:52 PM, Magis said:

Hi Igor,

Back home, I've installed that new version.

First try on the VTS_01_1.mp4 file, worked well (cut from 21:15 to 22:40, adjusted at image level using up and down arrows). I get the exact part of the video I want.

Second try on the same VTS_01_1.mp4 file. Cut from 22:40 to 25:40, adjusted at image level using up and down arrows. Failure. The program ignores the trims and convert the entire file. You will find the screen shots with the link.

I close PTE and relaunch it (to test wether the first cut is right and the failure occurs with the second cut). I put the trims at 22:40 and 25:50. Same problem as préviously, the trims are ignored and the entire video is converted.

The file is here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/klajr67wfk6ly6b/VTS_01_1.mp4?dl=0

Expecting this will help.

Sincerely yours

screenshots.pdf 515.7 kB · 5 downloads

Hi all,
No answer or comment ?
If sorting out that problem is a great deal, is there an estimated date for a new version of the functionality?

3 hours ago, tom95521 said:

I tested trimming your video about 5 times and it was successful every time. Have you tried to trim video with PTE on a different computer?

Tom

I suggest to redo  it after an uninstall / reinstall. Is there a procedure for doing it completly ie supress manually some files dor directorie ?

Jean-Paul

On 12/16/2019 at 10:42 PM, Magis said:

I suggest to redo  it after an uninstall / reinstall. Is there a procedure for doing it completly ie supress manually some files dor directorie ?

Jean-Paul

Hi

I've done the uninstall / reinstall and still have the same disfunction. Therefore I switch to VLC for doing the cuts. It's not the perfect tool (not really made for that purpose), but it work and is very simple. I don't want to go with a sophisticated solution

No change for me in using PTE for audiovisual montages, but I will wait for a new release or tool before using this faciliy in PTE

Thanks for help