WnSoft Forums

Trim/Convert-V10-no audio, no HW [SOLVED]

goddi

Greetings,

In addition to my previous posting about locking up when I try to overwrite the previous file name, I am seeing other Trim/Convert problems.

I have digitized a Hi8 analog tape, which is produced as an MPG video file. It is about 2 hours in length. I try to Trim it into separate clips. The first section Trimmed OK. But attempts to Trim the following sections into clips, they contained no audio tracks. There is audio in the MPG file. And if I Convert the entire MPG file, the MP4 file also has the audio track.

Also, when I Converted the entire MPG file, it used HW. When I tried to Trim/Convert a section of the Converted MP4, it say HW is '...not available', and the Trim window freezes at 0%. Have to use Task Manager to close that window. When I tried to Trim/Convert with HW unchecked, the Trim windo still freezes.

Not sure if this is a problem related to working with a digitized HI8 file or not.

Gary

Greetings,

In addition to the above posting, I have run into another problem.

After I have created the trimmed video clip resulting with no audio, I try to delete it using the PTE/Explorer. It says I can not because it is still opened in PTE. I can close and reopen PTE but it still can not be deleted using the PTE/Explorer. I have to close PTE and use MyComputer to delete the file.

Gary

27 minutes ago, Lin Evans said:

Gary,

I may be wrong about this, but PTE has NEVER had the feature of allowing one to delete files. 

Best regards,

Lin

Lin, Guess you have missed this feature? But I have been using it for a long time. In this case, the file seemed to have been stuck in PTE's memory.

Right-click on the  file, Explorer, Delete.

Gary

PTE-Delete.thumb.jpg.fbcf1c33f025a6c86b61f8289ee91ad5.jpg

Hi Gary,

I don't think that's a PTE feature. PTE is allowing you to open the Windows explorer. In your above screen capture you see many things which are not PTE related such as Multi-Extractor, ShareX, Zemana AntiMalware, etc. 

I suspect this may be a Window's glitch of some type. We won't be able to know until Igor gets back from his 14 day vacation.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin... This was available in V9. When 10 Beta was started, it was missing and users asked that Explorer be put in. So, in my experience, it has been a feature in PTE, and very useful. I think the problem has to do with the Trim function. There seems to be some kind of bug. In the same vein as the overwriting/renaming problem I have posted. The screen capture I posted above is the same window I would get if I right-clicked on a file in MyComputer.

Gary

Lin...Yes, there is something going on. From my perspective, I see it as Windows can not delete the file because PTE won't release it. It will be interesting to see what Igor has to say. But then, even if I closed and reopened PTE, it still could not be deleted within PTE. Just another strange thing. 

Gary

Greetings,

I did a little more trying to see what is going on with this problem. I notice a couple more things in the Trim/Convert process.

I tried again to Trim/Convert a portion of a video clip. It will not let me do it. I get the message 'Hardware Acceleration is not available'. And '...it is not available on your video card'.

I normally do not have a problem using HW. I do have an NVidia card, up-to-date. I am not trying to encode at 4K or 60p (and I don't think you can in the Trim/Convert process).

The Trim process does not proceed so I try to terminate and close the process. The Trim window will not close. I have to use Task Manager to close the Trim window. And, the clip shows up in the File List as zero bytes and can not be deleted with PTE/Explorer. Have to use MyComputer to delete that file.

PTE-NoHW.thumb.jpg.4a4900fb006bec43f9c6668434a508ed.jpg

Gary

Greetings

Just had another incident when I tried to 'Terminate' the Publishing of an MP4. I ran out of disk space so it just stopped the process and I tried to Terminate/Close the Publishing window but it will not Close. Completely different project than the previous examples. Had to use Task Manger to get rid of the window.

Gary

• Igor changed the title to Trim/Convert-V10-no audio, no HW [SOLVED]