WnSoft Forums

HowHow to create a new main folder and then add sub folders.

Ronniebootwest

I am now trying to get to grips with Version 10 (AV Studio) and am not finding it very easy. I previouse versions, when creating a new slide show I simply created a ne main folder and then made sub folders within that  main Folder. This doesn't seem to work in this latest version.

Can someone please expain how to do this.

THis is what I want to achieve:

image.png.aae632e28703a53084925ad319b38053.png

Doc1.docx

Hi Ron,

I'm confused - what type of computer are you using (Macintosh or Windows)?  If Windows, just go to File Explore then navigate to where you want to create these folders, right click and choose New, then Folder. Create and name the first folder the navigate to that folder and repeat for any sub-folders. Do this and "rename" the created folders as wanted?????

Best regards,

Lin 

Hi Ronnie

As Lin says, it looks as though your approach is to create a folder together with subfolders in Windows File Explorer. This has nothing to do with PT AV Studio at this stage, but is purely a Windows operation.  Once you have created those folders, you no doubt put the audio files that you want to use in 'Audio files', your jpeg images that you want to use in 'Jpeg images for Show' etc etc.

It is after that when you open and use PT AV Studio. From within that program you access those folders and start to use the jpegs and audio files.

It sounds confused when you say that 'it doesn't seem to work in this latest version'.  PT AV Studio doesn't create these folders for you.

Regards

wideangle

Just goes to show that 'Getting Old' can have a bad effect on memory. I feel a little stupid now and, after reading the replies from Lin and Wideangle,  I recall writing a tutorial on 'Creating your first slide show'. The very first section of that tutorial explained in detail how to create the folder structure I requested. I am now going to update that tutorial to cover the PTE AV studio upgrade.

My thanks to Lin and Wideangle for reminding me.