WnSoft Forums

PTE Av studio 10.0.2 [SOLVED]

Peter J

Hi Peter,

Did you have stalling (freezing) of EXE shows created in old version 7.5 and now you have same problem in the new version 10.0?

New PTE AV Studio 10 is a absolutely new product, fully rewritten after version 7.5.

The most likely video card or drivers work incorrectly.

I recommend to update drivers for your graphics. Check Windows Update for available new drivers, or download and install new drivers manually according vendor of your graphics card (NVIDIA, AMD or Intel).

Hi Igor

I have stalling (freezing) in EXE files prepared in v7.5 on my laptop but the desk top was okay.  Now with files using PT Av Studio EXE files the fans in the desk top (where I prepare my EXE files) start making a noise as if the system is overloaded and then crashes.  I'm using HP Elitedesk800 GI TWR running Win 10 64-bit.  I also run Win defender and Malwarebytes premium which was updated today.

Thanks for any help,

Peter

Peter,

In the idle, run Task Manager and make a screenshot to check CPU loading for certain apps.

Then start PTE 7.5 and PTE 10 open some simple project and in the Project Options > Advanced tab untick the option "Pause when slideshow window becomes inactive". Create EXE shows.

Run Task Manager.

Run one of EXE show. Press Alt+Tab to switch to Task Manager. Check for CPU loading for this EXE file (by its name).

The common problem with old computers is a dust inside CPU cooling fan. And in a fan of  power supply. Also dust can be in a cooling fan of a video card.

Igor

Task manager shows the CPU is loading and loading the exe file I tested.  I don't see Project options > advanced tab in my version (of course I see project options).  So I can't pause when slideshow etc...

As I mentioned I have checked for dust and in any case this is the only program affected like this.  I can stream video from Amazon prime and BBC iPlayer although I have to used the lowest quality setting.  Higher download demands also crash the computer.  Could this be part of the problem with the exe file - too high a demand on resources?

Peter

Peter,

If you have another app which is also crashes with certain settings, it means that you need check this computer in a service, or replace the computer.

Regrettably, I can't help you more now. Sorry.

Probably a reason of that problem is simple and can be easily fixed. Common cases - dust inside cooling radiator of CPU (you can't see it before you remove a cooling fan). Or bad contact between CPU and its cooling radiator. There are apps which can show a temperature of CPU of your computer. If it's too high (above +80'C) it can indicate more exact reason of the problem.

• Igor changed the title to PTE Av studio 10.0.2 [SOLVED]