WnSoft Forums

3D Book testing in the PTE

stranger2156

I greet you, colleagues, I came to visit you to see how the community of PTE lovers breathes. I am an enthusiast ProShow Producer (unfortunately the program is no longer developing properly). I decided to look around in search of a worthy alternative. After a week of acquaintance with the program (superficial, of course), there was a certain interest in it. There are, of course, a lot of questions on functionality and features, but a couple of tests convinced me that the developers did not stall in one place. Below is an example of one of the tests, which was impossible to do in the PSP (flipping pages of a book in 3D perspective along the Z axis).

Paul

Hi Paul,

You will find myriad things that are possible with PTE which can not be done with Producer. Here is an example of the use of a book style which was created by one of our very talented French users Jean Cyprien. It's a full 3 dimensional book, of course something Producer couldn't do.

Best regards,

Lin

10 часов назад, Лин Эванс сказал:

Это полная 3 мерная книга

Привет Лин, спасибо за комментарий. Хорошая работа, я согласен, но в нем я не видел страница поворота в плоскости, что это было в самом начале (0:03 сек). А для фронтальной плоскости, что делает книги в PSP не является проблемой. Вот один из примеров.

Павел

The book style that Jean Cyprien created turns the pages in the plane it was first seen. I modified the style so it allows images to be seen in the flat perspective. What you are demonstrating in your final book demo is done on a regular basis by many using PTE. As I said, there are myriad things possible with PTE which are not possible with Proshow. You might want to watch this video demo I created several years ago as a sample of animations possible. 

Best regards,

Lin

6 minutes ago, Lin Evans said:

As I said, there are myriad things possible with PTE which are not possible with Proshow.

I am here to make sure that I need PTE. Talking about which program does something better or worse does not give me a complete picture of the possibilities of PTE. We need to check everything in practice.

Best regards,
Paul

By all means, check everything... Look at the video I embedded above for a few of the possibilities. Only you can decide whether you need PTE or not. As both a Proshow and PTE user I can only tell you my experiences. What is an incontestable fact is that the vast majority of professional audio visual contest winners world-wide use PTE and there are very good reasons.  

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Berny,

There is the original and two which I modified. The original by Jean Cyprien keeps the book on an angle so I modified it to give a better perspective on images. I also modified the original as a Wedding Style. Below are the three styles you can download.

Best regards,

Lin

Livre pour images verticales.ptestyle Jean-Cyprien's Book Style For Wedding.ptestyle Jean-Cyprien's Book Style Modified.ptestyle

19 minutes ago, Lin Evans said:

Hi Berny,

There is the original and two which I modified. The original by Jean Cyprien keeps the book on an angle so I modified it to give a better perspective on images. I also modified the original as a Wedding Style. Below are the three styles you can download.

Best regards,

Lin

Livre pour images verticales.ptestyle 2.15 MB · 0 downloads Jean-Cyprien's Book Style For Wedding.ptestyle 2.33 MB · 0 downloads Jean-Cyprien's Book Style Modified.ptestyle 2.15 MB · 0 downloads

Many Thanks Lin!

• 1 month later...

Hi vbl2007,

These are styles by our French guru Jean-Cyprien which I just modified a bit for specific purposes. Check the French forum linked below to see some incredible work by our French users:

http://www.diapositif.net/forum/index.php

Best regards,

Lin

I realise that it was over a month ago that this ‘3D Book Testing’ topic was originally posted on to the Forum.

Just wanted to say to ‘stranger2156’ that I just loved that ‘3D Old Album’. I just felt that each photo had an amazing story to tell. For me, brilliant and has given us an idea on presentation for some old B&W family photos that I have hidden away in a folder on the computer somewhere.

But then for something completely different was the ‘3D Book Motion’. Again for me, Great!

George

Hi Paul,

Here are two examples of PopUp books like yours of the 4th december (much simpler), made with PTE

http://diapositif.net/Diaporamas/19-12-05_JJB_-_Calendrier_de_l'Avent_du_5_decembre_2019.zip

http://diapositif.net/Diaporamas/13-12-17_JCV_-_Calendrier_de_l'Avent_17-12-2013.zip

Jean-Cyprien