WnSoft Forums

Microsoft Movie Maker Video Stabilizer

tom95521

Microsoft no longer bundles the software with Windows 10 but you can still download it for free from archive.org. This Microsoft web page has more information.

I have tried multiple video stabilizers but this is the easiest, fastest, and most accurate stabilizer software I have used. Export MP4 or WMV container at 1920x1080 60 fps up to 135 Mbps.

If you need to stabilize video you might try Movie Maker.

Tom

Hi Judy,

My old smartphone camera at the time this was recorded (Google Nexus 5x) didn't have electronic image stabilization. I'm just glad software can automate the X,Y,Z, and rotate frame transformations. If I had to adjust that many keyframes in PTE it would take me days to do what image stabilization software can do in a few seconds.

I will probably not use Movie Maker as often when text outline is available in PTE.

Tom

Thanks for the tip on the old Movie Maker stabilizer Tom. I was thinking about buying Mercalli but I think Filmora 9 has a video stabilizer. I'm not certain which version of Filmora I have because my 8.1 system is down until I get the power supply adapters but it's great to know that the Movie Maker stabilizer works well. Fortunately, I haven't needed to stabilize yet because my two main cameras I use for video "Nikon P900 and P1000" have really excellent stabilization built in. I was amazed at how good it is. I can actually hand hold and pan and zoom and keep a perfectly stable video. Of course I wouldn't use them on my Harley or in one of my vehicles to record on a bumpy road - that definitely requires post capture stabilization in my experience.

Best regards,

Lin 

I am tinkering with Filmora Pro's new image stabilization which has object and editable edge tracking capability. It stabilizes over pans and more.  Looks impressive.  I haven't tested it well enough to offer an evaluation. Davinci Resolve is free and allegedly good, but I have never liked it.

Blender and Davinci Resolve Fusion are both node based editors. Very powerful but different than layer based editing. I hope to learn how to use them by watching YouTube videos.

YouTube *had* a great video stabilizer feature but removed it for some reason. I think you can still use Google Photos video stabilizer at least on Android. I also have Filmora Pro and it some nice new features. I like the ability to outline an outlined font.

Tom