WnSoft Forums

Problem with 4K mp4 on Samsung TV [SOLVED]

Ron67

I've spent most of the day searching and trying different options.  I fear I must ask for help yet again.  I have a Samsung Model UN65KS850D which I have played mp4 files on very often through one of the USB ports using a good quality SanDisk 64gb USB 3 thumb drive.  Now that I have PTE AV Studio Pro 10, I seem to be having issues.  Files published at 4K high quality, 3840 x 2160, 60 frames, with hardware acceleration on won't play at all or very little (several efforts made).  If I turn hardware acceleration off, it plays, but jumps frames occasionally, much too often to enjoy watching.  If I drop to 30 frames, it works much better, but not perfect.  I downloaded Handbrake to convert the file, but the settings are over my head.  I have attached the codec sheet for my TV in hopes someone can give me some direction.  The TV has the latest firmware.  I really like the speed of the hardware acceleration, but I read that it uses a higher bit rate.  FYI, "all" the files I have generated today play fine on my PC. I just need to fine tune an output for this TV.

Thanks for any help,

Ron

2019-12-30_19-03-19.jpg

Ron,

1. Try to set "Medium" quality instead of "High" quality. It will reduce bitrate of video.

2. Just an idea. Try another USB flash drive. Probably your current USB drive is slow? Connect fast USB 3.0 flash drive.

3. I attach a preset for Handbrake video converter. Import it to Hanbrake (main menu > Presets > Import from file) and use to convert 4K video from PTE 10. Then copy to your USB drive for 4K TV.

4K-PTE10.json

Thank you for your consistent help! 

I tried the preset for Handbrake (I did have to change the extension to mp4 for my TV to recognize the file).  The results are still jumpy.  I have tried two USB thumb drives by SanDisk.  They are USB 3.0 and pretty fast, but they are identical (two pack).  I will pick up another one Thursday and try that.

I didn't see this problem until I upgraded to the newest 10.0.5 version.  I realize that is probably not the issue, but thought I would mention it.

Thanks for all the help and have a Happy New Year!!!

Ron

Update!

I tried different USB 3.1 thumb drives with no success.  I have tried a multitude of combinations of the default Publish choices.  Hardware acceleration seems to be the big variable.  I finally played with the custom settings and everything seems to work fine now (with HW acceleration) .  Even though my TV is rated at 60Mbps, I found a setting of 59Mbps to be more consistent. Playback would be choppy at 60Mbps.  I have had little success at 60P, but 30P looks fine.

Thanks for all the help and Happy New Year!

2020-01-01_9-37-40.jpg

I've spent a lot of time trying to get everything working through the USB port, but it's just not happening.  I finally opted to run a 50' high speed HDMI cable from my desktop to my audio system (which is 4K HDMI switch also).  I am pleased to report that I am able to view files published at 60P, high quality and using hardware encoding.  I am finally very impressed with the superb quality of the output from this software!!!! 

Ron

Ron,

Did you try to play iPhone 4K videos on your Samsung TV? I can send you sample files.

Also try to use an option Video for mobile devices in the Publish menu of PTE and in Custom mode type 3840 x 2160 pixel resolution. Untick the "Hardware acceleration" option. Start the encoding.

Let me know about results.

Thanks, Igor!

I read where you are very busy getting the Mac version finished, so I really appreciate you taking time to help.

I did not try the iPhone 4K, but I did try the Video for mobile devices.  It worked great, but the default quality was not quite good enough, so I upped it to 100.  The results were very good.  I then lowered it to 80 and used hardware acceleration with very good results with the exception of one slide which has a lot of effects.  I'll gladly omit that slide to gain the speed of hardware acceleration.

I also tried the quality settings under HD and 4K Video with near exact results.

The main problem I'm having now is getting over looking at that Sony Master A9G Oled, lol. 

Thanks for all your work,

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
  • Igor changed the title to Problem with 4K mp4 on Samsung TV [SOLVED]