WnSoft Forums

Adding a commentary track

David White

I have been producing an A/V and successfully adding commentaries to it.

I needed to change one of the earlier images so I remove the existing one and successfully replaced it. However when I removed it, it also removed the associated commentary.

This did not surprise or worry me as I had the clip saved.

I therefore copied it into the project and it duly appeared in the Audio list.

I was a bit surprised because although I had all the clips numbered in sequence, and this was number three out of more than 20,  it put it at the bottom of the Audio list.

I tried to drag it up between slide 2 and 4 but it immediately returned to the bottom of the audio file list. I tried to lock it to slide 3 and it indicated that I had done so. However I still couldn't move it down to the commentary track.

I kept trying to drag the clip below slide 3 but although I could pick it up and move it down it just appended itself to the Music file list which is below the Audio list.

I can still move other audio clips to different places on the audio file list but I now can't drag and drop any of the Audio files down to the commentary track under any  of the slides.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

I've worked out what has happened. When I reattached the commentary clip it must have got in a long way from the slide it was intended to attach to.

I eventually found it and then dragged it back where I wanted it and now it is firmly back where it should be!

I also had a memory lapse and was trying to drag it directly from the Audio file list - seems to be a logical way of moving them, is there any reason why it can't work that way?

David,

Sorry for my late response. Glad that you found the solution.

31 minutes ago, David White said:

I also had a memory lapse and was trying to drag it directly from the Audio file list - seems to be a logical way of moving them, is there any reason why it can't work that way?

Please tell in more details. Do I understand rightly that you clicked on an audio file in the File list (in the main window) and dragged it into the timeline view?

Hi Igor,

What I did was this:

I started on the Timeline screen.

I then selected  Project Options

Then Audio on the drop down menu.

I then tried to select the audio file and drag it down to the Commentary Track. ie the same as I would drag an image down to the Slides track from the File name panel on the Slides screen.

The reason why I was fooled for so long was that you can, of course, actually pick the Audio files up and move them but not out of the Project Options screen - only down to another (in my case Music track) - or else it jumps straight back to its original position.

I thought it would be very convenient if it were possible to this.

Thanks David