WnSoft Forums

Loop video until end of slide

Inova

Hello

For years I used "ProShow Producer" but the company closes.
I make tests with "PTE" and I find that I can not function which is very important to me.

I but in the bottom of a slide a little video of 5 seconds with visual effects
and objects and animations I add pictures with animations could total 20 seconds.

In slide, objects, video and options it did not function: play the loop video.

With "ProShow Producer" I could do (see screenshot)

Do you have a solution?
Thank you

Screenshot.jpg

There is no "loop video" feature with PTE, but it's possible to program it. In Objects and Animations where the video is added you can place it four times (five seconds times four times = 20 seconds). Set the offset for five seconds on the second iteration, ten seconds on the third iteration and fifteen seconds on the forth iteration. Set the opacity to go to zero as the first iteration ends and to zero for the second and third iteration as they end. You end up with the video revealed sequentially on four layers.

An easier way is to simply add the video clip five times end to end in the slide list and create a 20 second video then use that rather that trying to repeat the short clip. 

Best regards,

Lin

NO!  Actually, it doesn't - not in PTE.  Adding the same video multiple times does not increase the file size over using the video once.  You might want to look at one of my latest demos where I have over 14, 480 individual video screens on rotating, zooming icosahedrons simultaneously playing videos to get an idea of the way this program works. It's NOT like Proshow - there is no additional headroom for using the same image or the same video multiple times.

Best regards,

Lin

I did a test with this video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvezvwbb08t7ygl/07_04_Gold.mp4?dl=0

I include in a slide and I finish the project
7 sec. total: 2.50 Meg (VIDEO HD 1920x1080)

I include in slides 4 and I finish the project
28 sec. total: 10.1 Meg (VIDEO HD 1920x1080)

Or is the trick?
Can you prove to me that you can include four times
this video (28 seconds) and do not inflate the final result!

Thank you

That's confusing. You say you included it in "A" slide and your video was 2.5 meg

Then you say you include in 4 slides and the size is 10.1 meg

That's an additional three slides - additional display time for any show with slides increases the file size proportionally.

Take four slides and include the video only with the first slide and make an mp4. Look at the file size.

Take the same four slides and include the video with each of all four slides and make an mp4. Look at the file size.

The file size will not change with the addition of the same video three more times. There is no penalty for using the same video multiple times as long as the video does not increase the overall time of the show..

Best regards,

Lin