WnSoft Forums

A Happy Complaint

anthrodoc

<_<

I've had my laptop for about 2 years now, and it's 4gig drive was always adequate for all my school and home uses-- I can always transfer things to my home desktop when things get too cramped... Then along came PTE... Between the slideshows, the project examples, my own projects in progress.... this 4 gig drive now seems awfully small!!!

A Happy Complaint...

Brian :P

Brian, some (!) years ago, I too thought my 20 MB (not GB!) HDD was huge for my needs. I ran IBM-Dos 3.0 on a 8088 platform with 16 KB of Ram, and the disk space was large enough to store many thousands of text files (I used Wordstar 4.0), and also several databases (dbIIIPlus), utilities and games. I remember I had a complete edition of "La Divina Commedia" (Dante Alighieri, "The Divine Comedy", the most important poem of Italian literature, about 10,000 verses) in a 5¼" floppy of 360 KB...

Recently I also installed Windows 1.01, and it worked perfectly!

Now I have Windows 2000 (on another machine <_< ), and only WINNT directory has a size of 1 GB... :P