WnSoft Forums

Suggestions for the next version

Igor

In future versions, I would like to see added to the "Project Options" sychronize music duration the ability to use more than one song. Such as select the pictures to run with each song and let the program sort out the timing of each section. I have four songs in one of my presentations I am working on and it is really ugly trying to get the slides sychronized with each song.

Cat

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I need a shortcut/hotkey to print menu without toolbar (just like Michel said). I'ts a must for me.

And what about show toolbar only on mouse move?

I want to save/print my images but without having the toolbar over my images always.

Please, take it in count for new version ;)

Thanks

Hi Igor,

You wanted to know about new features ??? One of the biggest problems I encounter is the adding of new pictures in an existing timeline. This is especially a problem now because I am already quite some months making a duo-presentation with someone. We than have to send the images+pte file-->making changes--->sending back--->making changes etc.etc.

Therefore it would be nice to protect certain slide points on the timeline...which are essential in the show.

I think this has already been mentioned before by me and someone else....but it would greatly improve the program if you have a solution for this problem.

Best wishes

Michel Verhoef

I may have missed it but I'd suggest a fairly basic addition that would be a big help to people getting started. This is having explanatory text that appears when the user moves the cursor over any of the program icons.

'Ken Burns' I would like this to be added please. Zooming and scrolling, especially titles, would be a real advantage. If you can make it smoother than the competitors (Proshow Gold) then PTE will remain at the top of the heap for me.

Ron West

Time Line Thumbnail Preview

When we use the time line with many pictures and images inside as objects, it's very difficult to arrange the points when we cann't see the image preview. Imagine twenty photographs, one after another, with pictures as objects :( !

Try to arrange exactly the points...it's bad and difficult :angry: ! For what the time line used then ?

I hope you find a soluce for the next version, please, please :rolleyes::rolleyes: !

difficult to arrange the points when we cann't see the image preview. Imagine twenty photographs, one after another, with pictures as objects  !

…and try to imagine, Igor, how difficult it is when you have 120/140 transparent gifs as object of 1 white pixel picture ! That’s why I add my prayer to Michel’s one (and Al’s who already has asked for the possibility to see objects in the light table).

Good Morning, I have purchased both PTE and ProShowGold, and it seems I have to go back to Proshow whenever I need a quick and dirty show built when a DVD show is needed. But, hands down, PTE is kickin tail as a Great program, from the foundation to the peak. The only thing that prevents it from being King of the Hill in my opinion are just a few things..

1. Zoom and Pan

2. More transitions

3. A more user friendly DVD interface. - "Proshow is easy".

PTE is quality built. But I'm quite happy that the developers are taking their time. Iv'e been impressed with their tenacity and nose to the grindstone attitude... ;););)

Thanks Development Team.

Bill from Kansas

This is my first post, so please be patient. I have used this product sporadically but I do have a suggestion, which I think would be very useful. Whether it's doable is another issue. It's not really a new feature within the product but rather a way to capture and print out all of the settings and nuances of what was embelished in the pte file that was created.

That way you can get a list of the parameters that were selected and compare the variations very easily, especially in a work-in progress senario.

Lou

Roger

I am glad that you asked the question "Who is Ken Burns". I have been wondering myself for ages and was reluctant to ask. Was it some relation of Robbie Burns or George Burns or was it some Cockney rhyming slang I asked myself? Now it turns out to be some American, unknown on this side of the water. Why couldn't our friends simply have said zoom and pan effect? :wub::wub::wub:

Ron [uK]

Thanks. That's kind of like what I was looking for. I wonder if you could edit and save or use source code control?

Lou

i would start another thread now out of this "wishlist" category describing exactly what you wish to do -- then the members will have a go at your question

title it "edit the pte" or something along that line

ken

Lou,

Welcome to the Forum!

My PTE-Adjustor spreadsheet model takes the nformation from the .pte text file and puts the timing information into tabular format so you can see the main parameters for the show at a glance. You can download Adjustor from Beechbrook.

I am in the process of modifying Adjustor (for Excel 2000, only), so that you can visualize more parameters - I hope to have it completed in the next few weeks.

I Igor,

Just 2 suggestion for the next version. They were already mentioned but I insist on them

- Ability to shift, on the timeline, the slides to the right, so that if you insert one or more pictures you don't have to set manually all your transitions.

- Ability to select different slides (together or separate) and to apply same settings.

To me, among all the advantages of PTE, the most important is its simplicity. I hope this is your main objectives for the futurs versions of PTE.

Congratulation for the job done.

In addition to everyone else's comments about zooming and panning, here's my wish list:

1.) Zooming into a picture and then discovering another scene.

Like that thing where they start in outer-space and zoom into the earth, a country, a city, a house, somebody's bowl of rice crispies, etc.

The zoom being the key feature (not the space travel).

2.) I would also like to endorse the request to move barches of slides together on the time-line. And dupliate them (while retaining the group timing).. like a copy and paste. This would be great for repeating choruses in songs where the images largely repeat and need to remain in exact sequence and time. This would save hours of presentation development work!

3.) This is the biggie!

I have been playing with a fabulous piece of software called Stitcher (3.1) which takes a simple sequence of 360 degree digital photos and quite seemlessly 'knits them together as well as doing panoramics by doing what it says on the tin and 'stitching them' together. I am very impressed

This is very much like the 360 deg. tour options that you often find in websites for stately homes, etc., but withoout the need for hugely fancy photo equipment

This would be a fantastic option to incorporate in P2E - am I just dreaming here, Igor? If P2E could pan, zoom, rotate in this kinda of 360 deg. environment.

That's it, by the way ...

Love the work you've done so far - everytime I re-visit P2E it just gets better & better.

J :ph34r: G

PS (for info)

Stitcher 3.1 (full program) can be found on the Windows XP (Official Magazine) DVD [edition 37 Nov 2004, UK] worth £386. The more recent release of the software is a tad more pricey at $580 for (v4.0) - but upgrades maybe possible. Not sure if this is helpful for the guys in the US

http://www.windowsxpmagazine.co.uk/magazine/

For those of you that want to look at what may (come on Igor, please!) be possible.

Samples of 360-degree tours can be found on the Stitcher product website,

look under the SHOWCASE section. (I particularly liked the ones at the bottom of the showcase page):

http://www.realviz.com/products/showcase.p...d=56&product=st

Igor

I think this has already been covered, but I will add it anyway. I am using PTE as a menu navigation for my tutorial CD's and it is really working great.

The issue that is a problem is having to look at the menu in all resolutions to make sure the buttons don't overlap, so maintain the objects on a page despite the resolution it is viewed in is something I would like to see.

bbdigital

Barry - you can workaround this by having the menu exe run with a fixed resolution and no border selected, and the buttons grouped together as one object.

I usually set the dimensions at 1024x768 as this will be the expected size of the screen. If the screen is higher res then the image will stay the same size but have a border around it. The buttons won't move as they've been grouped.

I also leave sufficient space around the buttons so if the file is run on an 800x600 screen they will still be visible. Again, they won't overlap if they are grouped into a single object.

Ian

bbdigital,

We already started works on new presentation engine which will appear in v4.50 (version after v4.40). It will allow scaling of objects keeping their proportions. But currently you can use windowed mode or use grouping and check up how you CD menu looks in various screen resolutions (800x600, 1024x768, etc).

Granot,

It hides TaskBar only during a slide-show and desktop with task bar appears in their usual state when slide-show closes. Or it doesn't work so?

P.S. Please excuse me for delays, but I'll answer step by step on all points gradually!