WnSoft Forums

Suggestions for the next version

Igor

By default have all the transitions UNCHECKED or include a button that will remove all of them with one click.

Every time I make a new presentation I have to carefully uncheck them box by box. Not having to do that will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for being so receptive to changes!

Isabel

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By default have all the transitions UNCHECKED.

I find this also a great idea !

Every time I make a new presentation I have to carefully uncheck them box by box

That is not necessary. Just clic the outer big button on your right hand, just over the effects listing !

A suggestion for P2E users who wish to have their slideshows available on the web for everyone including MacIntosh users....

Inexpensive and very capable software exists by which you may convert mpeg, avi, etc., to Flash FLV code then upload to your website the entire show which only requires the viewer to have Flash enabled. The program even furnishes Flash detection code.

One suggestion for Igor would be an AVI retrieval mechanism so that when the AVI file is created from P2E it's not lost (erased) automatically when the user quits P2E. This could be done as an optional "switch" so that it would be possible to use this AVI file with products like Riva Producer Lite to make a Flash slideshow available for viewing by MacIntosh users, etc. It's certainly "possible" to do now by simpliy copying the AVI file somewhere else after its creation and before quitting P2E, but it would be very "convenient" if it could be preserved by choice.

I create Flash animation from still photographs using several different software products, but once P2E has the Ken Burns Effect enabled using a product like Riva Producer Lite and the free Riva encoder will allow duplication of the P2E executable type show to be also viewed by anyone having flash enabled computers. Here's a link to see the Riva product which works very, very well and I find a great adjunct to P2E. I have created a PSG (I know - bad word here :-)) slideshow demonstrating its (Riva's) functionality and will shortly do likewise with a P2E show. Riva Producer Lite is very simple to use and costs $30 U.S.

My point is that we can already make our P2E slideshows into universally viewable Flash presentations so that even those who use MacIntosh can see what they are missing.

Here's a link to learn more:

http://www.sofotex.com/Riva-Producer-Lite-...oad_L23854.html

Best regards,

Lin

• 3 weeks later...

A few things I would love to see in the upcoming version(s), I apologise if these were mentioned already.

1.) When adding text to image, have the text adjust to the resolution when changed. I notice if I set my resolution to a certain size, and then later I wanted to create a smaller size, the text remains the same size.

2.) Music. Adding music to the slide shows, that about sums it up right there. There's nothing else can be done. Sure you can use other programs to do any kind of editing, at least provide some basics, such as trimming the music, simple fade in/outs, maybe perhaps copy and paste, merge etc.

3.) Have the ability to save the slideshows to mpeg and/or wmv format.

One thing i'm wondering is why some people concern about have the ability to convert the slideshow to flash? Adobe Livemotion does a great job in that. Thing is, flash in a slideshow doesn't compare in quality to an exe or avi. It's great for the web, but thats it. It's like wanting to convert a movie to a gif animation. <_<

One thing i'm wondering is why some people concern about have the ability to convert the slideshow to flash? Adobe Livemotion does a great job in that. Thing is, flash in a slideshow doesn't compare in quality to an exe or avi. It's great for the web, but thats it. It's like wanting to convert a movie to a gif animation.  

You can't play an exe or avi over the web. For many being able to post a slideshow on the web is very important. When the Ken Burns effects are added to P2E a means of playing the slideshow over the web will be necessary to keep P2E competitive with other programs which have this ability such as ProShow Gold. Whichever format is eventually selected must be one which can provide a movie type presentation allowing pans, zooms, rotates, etc. The choices are ActiveX (only works for Windows machines and has vulnerability to worm infestation by hackers), Java (doesn't have great image quality), Flash (isn't as smooth as ActiveX but is much less expensive to implement than Java).

Adobe Livemotion only outputs Flash SWF files which have a 16,000 frame limitation per instance (per movie) and is unsuitable for converting large slideshows to Flash. SWF Flash output is primarily designed for short movie clips. To convert reasonably long slideshows from AVI or MPEG to Flash requires conversion to Flash FLV format. There are several ways to do this but the best I've found is the freeware product Riva encoder and the inexpensive Riva Producer Lite.......

That's why....

Lin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I found useful to add some possibilities such as:

1. Scrolling forward and backwards to any point of show, keeping music synchronized.

2. Very simple but very often needed effect such as fade out to black (or any other color) and then fade in to next slide.

Pinquin

Just to mention that you can do your #1 now.

When you custom synch your show, click "Permit control of the show" on the main page of PROJECT OPTIONS and then use (or not) the navigation bar, or simply mouse clicks or arrow keys, to scroll around through your show.

Pinguin

You can also satisfy request #2 by creating your own blank slide either in an image editing programme or duplicating the preceding file and unchecking the "Show Image" box immediately following the Slide List Box.

Ron [uK]

Pinguin

You can also satisfy request #2 by creating your own blank slide either in an image editing programme or duplicating the preceding file and unchecking the "Show Image" box immediately following the Slide List Box.

Ron [uK]

It's exactly the way I use at the moment, but I meant that all the same could be made as one more effect.

For instance, if I have 300 pictures in my slide-show then I have to insert 300 blank (black etc.) pictures...

Pinquin

Just to mention that you can do your #1 now.

When you custom synch your show, click "Permit control of the show" on the main page of PROJECT OPTIONS and then use (or not) the navigation bar, or simply mouse clicks or arrow keys, to scroll around through your show.

I meant that I need to jump to ANY place of slide-show immediately as I do in usual movie-player.

Igor,

In the new version can you make that the buttons are not so "cramped" and the text not cut off in the Project Options Box, when my settings are Large Fonts (120 ppi) in windows XP Home.

Thanks,

Bert

Claus:

I understand where you are coming from on this, but to my mind the issue is not the image (pixel) dimensions, but the file size (kb)

The simple way to reduce the file size is to save at a lower quality jpg (sometimes in combination with pixel size as well)

I really prefer to do this manually as some pictures (fireworks haze, clouds at night) need a higher quality jpg than a normal daytime shot with lots of density.

If you only want to reduce the pixel size, PhotoShop can do that for you automatically using "fit image" or you can use Russell Brown's Image Processer 2.3 found

here

Until now I have real problem with synchronization.

1. If my slide-show doesn't contain any sound - PTE doesn't show its total duration, though this is need-to-know information. Right?

2. For instance, every odd slide has 10 seconds duration (it is project option) and every even one has 2 seconds duration (it is custom option). Now I add music file and try to see what I got. But when I click "Add arranged points", all the slides forget their previous duration and spread evenly.

So I can't be sured that the last slide coincided with the end of music.

Pinquin,

I'm afraid that even if you could switch the timeline on with all the durations and transitions exactly as you have input them using "Customize Slide", the length of the show would not be the same as that in non-synch mode.

The reason for this is that under "Synchronization" mode the total time does not include the transition times (only the duration times), whereas, under the current design, in "non-synch" mode, the total show time is the sum of the transition times and the duration times.

For this reason, if you are going to use the non-synch option, you will have to calculate manually the total time by adding all the duration and transition times. Alternatively, you can use either Jean-Claude's Sy(P) model, or my Adjustor model to give you the total time in non-synch mode.

But I agree with you that it would be useful for non-synch users to have the ability to automatically see the current time for the show, even in non-synch mode.

Igor,

How easy/difficult would it be to have a DVD-like menu for a slideshow created as .exe?

I'd really like to be able to either "play all" or go to "chapter selection" where I can then jump straight into the slideshow at one of a number of starting points the author has chosen.

The resaon this is important is that I'm working on a show that will be about 90 minutes long! I will break it down into about 6 projects so I can easily produce a DVD with chapters. I know PTE can launch one .exe after another to simulate "play all" but I don't think there's an easy way for my audience who receives the show as .exe files to go straight to any one of the 6 .exe files.

Ray

Ray:

If I understand what you want, you can do that now by using a one page (Launch page) show with the one page having OBJECTS that will launch the individual show and perhpas a seventh that would start a daisy chain of all six shows

Your viewer would simply click on the show they want to watch, then it returns to the "launch page" and they choose again.

PS to Guido:

Maybe directions as to how to create a one page "launch" show should go on your great website, as this comes up somewhat frequently.

Referring back to Al's thread of yesterdayand his last sentence - "But I agree with you that it would be useful for non-synch users to have the ability to automatically see the current time for the show, even in non-synch mode." - I too go along with that statement, which is very high on my list of needs if not top.

Ron [uK]

One feature I would like to see added to PTE is when in the Timeline the option to preview the show while staying in the Timeline and watching the cursor move along the Waveform. This would make it really easy to hear and see exactly where you want to place an image. With the preview there could be two choices; one to view the full sized show, and another to view the small window and a cursor along the waveform.

t