WnSoft Forums

Suggestions for the next version

Igor

You can already do both. The "Preview" button allows you to view full-screen, and the "Play" button allows you to see both the images and the waveform (provided you have first clicked on "waveform").

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can already do both. The "Preview" button allows you to view full-screen, and the "Play" button allows you to see both the images and the waveform (provided you have first clicked on "waveform").

Boy that was a fast upgrade :rolleyes: Well there ya go; it is already in there. I hadn't even used the play button before, but wish I had.

Thanks for that Al

• 2 weeks later...

My number one wish is pan and zoom which we all know is coming soon (Like many I can hardly wait and log on virtually every day hoping for news)!

However, I’d also like new slides which are added to an existing show to take on the same attributes as the slide which they are dropped on to. In other words if you had added custom functions to a slide you could just drop in new slides and they would have the same functions. Another option would be able to cut and past custom slide attributes to a number of selected slides (forgive me if this already exists).

One final thing which I would like to see is for transitions to work in reverse when you navigate through a show backwards using the arrow keys. I use the page curling function for proofing portraits and weddings and when you go backwards it’s a bit weird because the transition curls the same way. It’s as if you are still turning the pages of a book over towards the back of the book, yet you are going the other way in pages!

• 4 weeks later...

From Flying Scotsman

Suggestions for next version of pics. I am a new member but with over 25 years doing AV the "heritage way" and am very keen to go digital.

1. When in the timeline, can you fix it to show added titles in the view box. When I`m moving from one picture to the next but holding the title I have to remember which slide is which.

2. Clearly, Pics to EXE needs to be enabled to handle pictures in Jpeg 2.0 megabytes and larger. I do railway photography and railway tracks, overhead wiring is seriously pixellated and the onyl way I have been advised through the forum is to reduce the file size in Photoshop - but this reduces picture definition. SmoothShow is infinitely (yes, infinitely) better.

My camera is a Nikon D70 and it produces picture files in excess of 3.0.meg. My computer is a SOny Vaio laptop Model PCG K315M with Pentium 4 processor and ATI Radeon graphics.

2. Clearly, Pics to EXE needs to be enabled to handle pictures in Jpeg 2.0 megabytes and larger. I do railway photography and railway tracks, overhead wiring is seriously pixellated and the onyl way I have been advised through the forum is to reduce the file size in Photoshop -

if you have enough computing power it should do it now - but pixelation is a can of worms that has been reviewed many times

for starters see

http://www.scantips.com/basics06.html

http://www.telacommunications.com/nutshell.../pixelation.htm

http://www.windowsphotostory.com/Guides/NoPixelZoom/

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=2&t=3413

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=2&t=2991

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=4&t=3476

ken

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Igor,

I have waited a long time for this effect, it may not be possible (if your magic wand is away for calibration, I understand!):

1. The ability to start a transition and then (using the timeline) overlap the following transition into it.

Example 1:

Slide one - set for SLIDE transition effect

Slide two - quick transition

Then overlap the second slide to about 75% of the way through the push so that (wham!) at 3/4 of the way through CUTS to the next slide.

Why would you want to do this?

To create an animation effect that would, say, allow water to appear to rise and then stop (at 75% of the way up the screen).

(obviously, the background would have to be plain in this case, but you get the idea).

The 'part' transition gives the effect of animation with clever modification of the slides.

Example2:

Slide one - set for diagnonal WIPE effect.

Slide two - quick transition

Allow overlap from 25% of first slide. Then repeat the effect from (or to) each corner [i.e. make a 90 deg change] to create an effect that would generate an un-wiped 'square' (in theoory) area in the middle of the slide.

Why would you want to do this?

To leave a square area un-changed in the middle of a slide.

Let's face it the possibilities are enormous! And could definitely put an effect like this to immediate use.

Many existing movement effects would create additional effects for those of us who wish to experiment with 'psuedo'animation using P2E.

2. The next logical step (from stopping a transition part way through) would be to have some way of STARTING a transition part way through.

3. Ability to decide the start or finish co-ordinates for the CIRCLE in/out effect

Here's hoping it's a possible. Thanks. (whispers: "Igor .. you can take your head out of your hands now.")

• 3 weeks later...

There are many great suggestions already posted on here, and I have to admit that I did not read through 14 pages of posts so this may be a repeat of previous posts.

1. Is it possible to make it where there is no delay between slides? For example you could use push effect and set the slide display duration for zero and the slides could seamlessly scroll across the screen without stopping.

2. Allow independent volume control for the background music and sound clips for individual slides. Right I have trouble with background music drowning out the narration on specific slides. Volume control within this program would greatly simplify the process!

3. Create transition effect where the background is stationary during the transition. For example, if you have a background color that fades from one color to another in the top to bottom format and slides transition using the push effect from top to bottom, right now the background and everything moves. I would like the background to remain motionless and let the picture slide.

Thanks,

Mike

Having to use a third-party product to do this is bogus

Well...but to can choice your encoder is very important. Certain encoders are better. And you can use, with PTE, that which you want.

Your soluce (encoder included in PTE), would be usefull only if Wnsoft use its own encoder, but not before to be sure that this encoder will be the best for PTE, and well adjusted with the best results. We discussed about that a few months ago.

However the output .avi is an excellent soluce for the moment.

You know the quality of PTE and the hard work of the team: the product is released only when the improvements are perfect, as the future 5.0.

I am a relatively new user to the forum and PTE, which I think is a wonderful program. I note all the addditional features which users are requesting and think that many of the suggestions are very good. However is there not a danger that the program becomes too complex? When I was still working in industry, I had considerable experience of an in-house developed document system which the designers would keep insisting on changing. Many of the new features were very good, but in the end the progam became too overloaded with features.

Also I note that the Help feature in Version 4.43 is not up to date and would ask that this feature is kept up to date with the appropriate version - particularly with the new features which have been added. I know the list of new features is posted in the forum but it would be better if this was incorporated as part of the program.

jevans

jevans

when you download the zip the history text file includes the changes of all versions right back to

PicturesToExe v1.00 (July 2nd, 1999)

------------------------------------

* Released PicturesToExe v1.00

and the members are so demanding for new versions the help file revisions kind gets pushed aside

the members generally help people that are really stuck -- and ver 4.43 was a full version quick patch for a member's problem if i remeber correctly

PicturesToExe v4.43

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr.zip (1,4 MB)

What's new in v4.43:

* Fixed bug with an error message during overwriting of a template in PicturesToExe.

ken

Hi Ken,

Thanks for reply. I made the comment as the Help file attached to Version 4.43 only shows changes up to 4.41. But I realise that it is difficult to keep the version information up to date. Let me say that the forum is fantastic and I have had lots of help so far from members. I am retired and just use PTE for hobby work and for shows at my local photographic club. Most of the features I can manage but sometimes the more esoteric ones are more difficult to understand.

Anyway, a great program and a fantastic forum which I enjoy very much.

Thanks

jevans

We'd like to use PTE for our camera group competitions, but we need two changes to make it ergonomic!

First, we'd like support for multiple monitors - so we could use the program on the laptop screen but when we run the presentation, it comes out on the digital projector. I imagine the way this would be done is that when the presentation is run, it asks you which monitor on wihch to display the show.

Second, we need to be able to "select" particular slides during the show to "hold back" - the judge sees all the slides and picks his favourites; these are held back and marked at the end. The only way I can think of this is to define an action for a mouse button of "save image", during a show you click say, the middle button, of the mouse and it makes a copy of the image to a predefined directory. I realise this last one may be impossible as you don't have the original image files to hand.

-Andrew

As regards the second part of your post, I made a suggestion how to do this sometime back but I haven't time to do a search right now. But my suggestion was to use a form of "Manual Show" a utility offered by a Forum member. Search for "Manual Show".

Ron [uK]

Being a newbie to this program and trying to make workable videos without all the education some of the others have leaves me with only one suggestion.

When I make a slide show presentation and it is set to multiple songs the only way I can make it work is to create a mini slide show to each song and string them together for the final video creation when I burn it.

What I would like is the ability to "copy/paste" the mini slide shows together inorder to make the .exe file for the computer. I have tried to make the total file first and I could never get a handle on the synchronization of the multiple mps's.

... trying to make workable videos ....

... string them together for the final video .... "copy/paste" the mini slide shows together inorder to make the .exe file for the computer.

Catrick,

Are you making a "true" video (using the "AVI" function), or are you creating an "executable" show to run on a pc (i.e. an "EXE" file)? It's not clear from your description above.

I have no problem creating "EXE" slideshows from several mp3's added to the list in Project Options, but, not having actually tried otherwise, I suspect you would have to string them together in a sound editor such as Audacity in order to eventually make an "AVI" file for a video.

Integrate DVD burning of a show into the product. Having to use a third-party product to do this is bogus. Until you do this, Proshow Gold will remain my product of choice.

But "bogus" from your perspective, not from everyone's. DVD creation seems more important to you than versatility in executable creation. As another who uses both P2E and ProShow Gold, I find the flexibility lacking in ProShow Gold for creating usable manual slideshows with the ability to manually advance, go back, go to end, print, etc. - things which P2E does very smoothly.

We all have our "preferences" and though self-contained DVD creation is nice, it doesn't always work well for everyone with ProShow Gold as is evidenced by the numerous issues reported with hardware and driver incompatibilities. Perhaps the author's of P2E are more cautious about choosing the best of available alternatives?

Best regards,

Lin

• 2 weeks later...

I just joined. Been a long time user of P2E and also a user or ProShow Gold. I have been scanning this forum and have read some threads regarding Dual Monitor support. Seems that most of the arguments I have seen focus around dual monitor presentations. I also have read something about having some issues regarding DirectX. I would like to see Dual Monitor support to be added in the screen saver capacity. If have a dual monitor set up and I can't use the screen saver on it.

Thanks for all the hard work on P2E. Excellent product.