WnSoft Forums

Suggestions for the next version

Igor

Have just spent 2 hours adding comments to a 570 slide presentation. These suggestions arise from that exercise.

1. Is there a facility to select a number of slides and add a common comment to (only) them. If not, that's a suggestion for the next version.

2. At the end of the 2 hours, I made the (easy) mistake of toggling the "set comments to... picture name" and immediately lost all 570 comments. Can you add an "are you sure" dialogue to this?

Or better still...

3. Why not have comments that stay as what they were, and have a separate slide name field. The display choice would then be to select between comments and slide filenames without overwriting the comments.

Thanks,

Alan

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have just spent 2 hours adding comments to a 570 slide presentation. These suggestions arise from that exercise.

1. Is there a facility to select a number of slides and add a common comment to (only) them. If not, that's a suggestion for the next version.

2. At the end of the 2 hours, I made the (easy) mistake of toggling the "set comments to... picture name" and immediately lost all 570 comments. Can you add an "are you sure" dialogue to this?

Or better still...

3. Why not have comments that stay as what they were, and have a separate slide name field. The display choice would then be to select between comments and slide filenames without overwriting the comments.

Thanks,

Alan

Alan

welcome to the forum

your idea's are good

as i have quoted before

"JESUS SAVES"

:rolleyes:

Did you think of renaming all slides beforehand - and used a numbering system prefix ahead of the name then - you could have copied all to another folder and renamed them there with the numbering prefix intact to backcheck your collection

then inserted all in numeral sequence to p2e

ken

Did you think of renaming all slides beforehand - and used a numbering system prefix ahead of the name then

Thanks for the welcome and feedback, Ken. P2E is an excellent tool and I'm using it every day.

My slide numbering system hinges around date-and-subject folder names, and leaving image file names as per camera source.

As I may use a given image file in a variety of presentations, and may want different comment text in each application, I'm reluctant to mess with file names.

Another way of looking at this would be to have a set of "tags" representing image file data (filename, file time, even EXIF parameters), which could be added as required to the comment line. This is common in other applications - tags are used for inserting date/frame info into titles in the video editing software I use. They're even used in this message board system!

I readily admit that I was remiss in not doing regular saves during the edit session I mentioned in my post.

Cheers,

Alan

Igor

In the Project Options sections listings - ( Main - Advanced - Music - Comments - Screen - Effects - Messages ).

Would it be possible when choosing " Set Defaults " to only set the defaults to that (1) section.

I have on a couple of occasions chose " Set Defaults " and it sets defaults in " All Sections "

Most annoying - as you loose all settings, in all categories.

Is there a facility to select a number of slides and add a common comment to (only) them. If not, that's a suggestion for the next version.

Alan, you can find this facility in Sy(P) freeware. which is a complementary tool to PTE.

Download HERE

Open your PTE project, launch the <Spreadsheet parameter editor>, select the lines (left click, + CTRL or SHIFT keys) you want to modify and then right click to access comment editor.

Have seen messages on Digital Wedding Forum about AVG Anti-Virus deleting the autorun exe file

thinking it is a virus.This is from Pro wedding photogrphers.Something else to worry about.

I have deleted AVG in favour of "Avast" as I do a lot of A.V. shows using 300-350 images and would not like to lose it and have to do the whole lot again.

Geordie.

Washington U.K.

Have seen messages on Digital Wedding Forum about AVG Anti-Virus deleting the autorun exe file

thinking it is a virus.This is from Pro wedding photogrphers.Something else to worry about.

I have deleted AVG in favour of "Avast" as I do a lot of A.V. shows using 300-350 images and would not like to lose it and have to do the whole lot again.

Geordie.

Washington U.K.

but avg issued new dat files and it was put back to normal -- i had 1 gig+ put to quarantine and they all were restored -- the picts were not touched just the exe and that is a piece of cake to remake as long as you have the original pte and the pictures

"Jesus Saves"

what are you going to do when avast issues a bad dat file :(

ken

Please suggest your 3-5 the most expected features in v4.40 of PicturesToExe. We've started work on this version. I'll add all suggestions to my todo list. Thanks.

It would be very useful to have a double row for inserting slides. This could give the bility to superimpose one slide on top of another, fade in and fade out and have multiple slides on the same screen.

Gordon Cochrane

• 2 weeks later...

Mandarinfish said :

Just wanted to chime and add my vote to the request for extracting captions from IPTC description. This would save me *alot* of time.

I think I'll chime also - and add my vote for full IPTC support! Now that would be yummy! Options for which IPTC fields to support even better!!

Beth

Hi,

What's an *alot*?

Oh, and if anyone can enlighten me - what's a *lol*?

I have been wondering about these things for some time now but could not pluck up the courage to ask.

Thanks,

DaveG

I don't know if you ask it seriously, but if yes :

1) when I was (much) younger (I'm now 64), me and my sisters said "waf waf waf !" what is translated now on the web "lol", translated in french by "mdr" ("mort de rire") : but I guess somebody having english as usual language will be able to explain the signification on those 3 letters !

2) "alot" means of course "a lot", for "very many" ou "very much" : thanks a lot, a lot of time, and so on...

Hoping it answers to your trouble...

We'd like to use PTE for our camera group competitions, but we need two changes to make it ergonomic!

First, we'd like support for multiple monitors - so we could use the program on the laptop screen but when we run the presentation, it comes out on the digital projector. I imagine the way this would be done is that when the presentation is run, it asks you which monitor on wihch to display the show.

Second, we need to be able to "select" particular slides during the show to "hold back" - the judge sees all the slides and picks his favourites; these are held back and marked at the end. The only way I can think of this is to define an action for a mouse button of "save image", during a show you click say, the middle button, of the mouse and it makes a copy of the image to a predefined directory. I realise this last one may be impossible as you don't have the original image files to hand.

-Andrew

Multiple monitors are easy with most laptops already. For example with Acer laptops you press 'fn' and 'f5' simultaneously and that toggles between screen on its own, screen+projector, and projector on its own. I'm sure most other laptops have a similar feature -- no need to bother pic2exe at all.

For competition presentations, the best program I know is ImageCompPro obtainable from roy_moore@maidstone32.freeserve.co.uk It does all you want and more!

Sorry this reply is a little late, I've only just got down to page 14!

Please suggest your 3-5 the most expected features in v4.40 of PicturesToExe. We've started work on this version. I'll add all suggestions to my todo list. Thanks.

Please excuse me for asking, but could you please include a comprehensive 'Help' in the next edition?

I suspect that there is a good reason for there not being one but, I thought I'd ask anyway........you never know? I find that I have to search far too often for 'how to do's' as I am new and want run before I can walk!

politicaly unsure....Damor :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi - -I have been using your application for just under a year now and must say i wonder what I did without the program.

My suggestion echos what has already been said about the 'Photomation' or the 'Ken Burns' effects - but I wish it could be done with the same sort of interface that the DVD X-Show program used when that company was in business - that wins very high marks among those users and I can tell you how that audience is eagerly awaiting something new.

I would be delighted to assist with the development any way I can if there is a possibility of this being the 'X-Show' replacement. I can offer screen shots and functional advice on how that application works. Since their parent company 321 Stidios has gone bankrupt I can't imaging anyone coming out of the woodwork to claim copyrights ... besides if they did it would be a good day since I, and several dozen other folks, have been agressively searching for the creater ever since they did go belly up.

Respectfully, Mike Leonard

Hi - -I have been using your application for just under a year now and must say i wonder what I did without the program.

My suggestion echos what has already been said about the 'Photomation' or the 'Ken Burns' effects - but I wish it could be done with the same sort of interface that the DVD X-Show program used when that company was in business - that wins very high marks among those users and I can tell you how that audience is eagerly awaiting something new.

I would be delighted to assist with the development any way I can if there is a possibility of this being the 'X-Show' replacement. I can offer screen shots and functional advice on how that application works. Since their parent company 321 Stidios has gone bankrupt I can't imaging anyone coming out of the woodwork to claim copyrights ... besides if they did it would be a good day since I, and several dozen other folks, have been agressively searching for the creater ever since they did go belly up.

Respectfully, Mike Leonard

Hi Mike,

Isn't NYC Software still distributing the software? One would think they could help you find the developer. I would be a bit concerned about the legality of "copying" their product since it's apparently still being sold.

See link below:

Lin

http://www.nycsoftware.com/DVDxCopy/products.htm